Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Isn’t it funny how things work?

I started my diet on Monday and ever since then I have had a headache. Now I am not saying it is the diet but it could be. I know I get sinus problems and with the changing weather and with EVERYTHING turning green all at once, it could be the weather change. But regardless, I had the headache most of Monday and into Tuesday. It was not real bad. It was a semi dull ache and but what was killer is it was always there and would not go away.

Now I tried to ignore the headache but then it stepped things up and my eyes hurt (possibly sinus) and it felt better to be with the eyes closed or in the dark (mini migraine - I have no idea what those are like other then devastating). Anyway a coworker offered me something to take and I turned her down at first. Ad the day wore on however I wore down. The headache was getting under my skin. I was wore down and finding it hard to think, not good when you are trying to write computer programs.

I took my coworker up on her offer and took two Excedrin, not my normal weapon of choice. Well some time when by and I was busy working away trying to get a computer set up for testing and that is when it happened. I had not noticed but it was gone. The headache was gone. *does mini happy dance despite not being able to dance* It had just quietly slipped away and I never saw it leaving. Silly me, I should have taken something on Monday. Well hopefully my day goes better today. Here is wishing the same for you too.

Oh by the way, the diet was not to good on Monday and doing better on Tuesday. Hopefully I get this new fangled thing figured out soon.
5 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

i say if ya got a headache get rid of it fast as you can but i am a migraine sufferer and they lay me out if i don't slay them.

April 23, 2008 10:17 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

Diets are never easy. But Excedrin is the BEST! I along with lime am a migraine sufferer and they are BRUTAL to say the least. Down for da count that's for sure.

Glad your headache went away **happy dance for you** and good luck with your diet ;o)

April 23, 2008 11:47 AM  
Blogger S said...

Yes my dear, it is probably the diet. You are crashing off of sugar and whatever else you are not eating.

Take the exedrin and you'll be ok!

April 24, 2008 1:38 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Lime, I know. I used to have headaches at the base of the skull in back. Once one of those grabbed hold it took forever to get rid of. Until then I was basically shutdown because anything just killed me. Light, Sound, just about anything. Not as bad as the migraines but almost as debilitating.

Thanks Jillie. Yea I made it through yesterday OK. I suppose one of these days I should step on the scale to see how I am doing. I have no clues.

Suzie I am used to crashing off caffeine which is not pretty. I had no idea a similar thing could happen with sugar. The diet does allow sugar, maybe I should have taken it up on that.

April 24, 2008 6:45 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Advil Liqui-gels are one of my best friends.

I highly suggest taking something when you have a headache.

I am rarely without Advil in my purse or backpack.

Some weeks are better than others, but I don't take any chances.

But, that's because I have had migraines and if you don't knock a headache out from the get-go, they just become more menacing and hard to deal with. But, I can usually tell if it's just a little thing--that I won't take anything for, cos I just know I need to eat some protein--or if it's something that needs some help to go away.

When changing they way that you eat....headaches will happen quite a bit...so be prepared and keep stuff with you.

Good luck!

I know you can do it!

April 24, 2008 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home