Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, April 11, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

On goes the leather chaps
The helmet too
Of course riding gloves and
your protective leather jacket
to complete your outfit

You mount your beast
You kick start it to life
You rev the engine a few times
It is music to your ears

Becoming a motorcycle cop
was the best job you could imagine


I am afraid I am not a motorcycle person. I have only been on one a few time in my entire life. But I must say the sound of a Harley idling and being put through it's paces is simply infections. I have a funny feeling if I should ever have the opportunity to ride one myself ... I might just fall in love. Anyway after reading Jillies post and seeing as G-Man is the head honcho for the 55's now I thought I would put this together. Oh and I have included a nice little YouTube video I found that not only captured the sounds of a Harley but you also get to go for a nice ride at the same time.

Labels:

12 Comments:
Blogger Pam said...

wow, great 55...w video, sound effects, and all! :) i'm still thinking on joining, but i'm a bit intimidated by everyones' 55's i've read over the year LOL

my ex just tested for the p.d. in vegas...don't see him on a motorcycle tho..he'd wipe his arse out! LOL

April 11, 2008 1:53 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Ciara, welcome and thank you.

Hey please do give the 55 a try. G-Man will make sure to make you feel welcome, that sly dog. Do not be intimidated by the 55s. Give it a try. See what you do not realize is people have been doing this for a long time. I am pretty sure I have been doing it for at least half a year. I am always in awe at what everyone else does to. But I think you will find that with every one you do you will find it gets easier. I think you will enjoy it and will enjoy the people stopping by to see your latest creation. You will do just fine. I really hope to see you participate next week. Pick something fun for you and I am sure you will do wonderful.

Some people are not motorcycle people. Just ask me. I think I have been on a bike once for sure, maybe twice and one of those times I burned my leg. Yep, I think I would be safer staying off myself.

By the way, love your name.

April 11, 2008 2:02 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Great job on BOTH counts Bryan!!!
Thanks for playing!
And very thoughtful words to Ciara..
It Ain't Rocket Science!!
Plus..It's from YOUR head, no one elses!!
G

April 11, 2008 7:24 AM  
Blogger lime said...

there's nothing like riding a bike....aaaahhhhhhhh

April 11, 2008 8:45 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Teddy,

That was almost as good as Easy Rider!

Almost.

I felt every vibration right where I was supposed to.

Way cool 55.

I need me a biker man.

^_~

April 11, 2008 10:42 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Well for someone that's not a biker I think you summed it up perfectly barman, and all in 55 words! :)

April 11, 2008 12:30 PM  
Blogger snowelf said...

Bryan, that was GREAT!! And so fun too!
Have a wonderful weekend!

--snow
(and no way would I give NBC my # either, they don't need it.)

April 11, 2008 4:31 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very, very neat, Bryan. I really got into the video, swaying with the bike on the curves, almost feeling the wind in my face. Thank you.

April 11, 2008 7:28 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Your blog is related to mine! LOL...love it Bryan ;o) You know anything to do with a bike is ok by me!!

Have a bitchin wknd...lol

April 11, 2008 10:00 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Very very good! I love listening to the Harleys. I used to say bikes but they dont all sound the same.

April 12, 2008 1:35 AM  
Blogger Donnetta said...

Hi there! My first time to visit you. I enjoyed your 55. Not a biker? Good imagination. Way cool. I put up my 55. Come visit.
Donnetta

April 12, 2008 9:44 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Hey Bryan...just stopping by to say hello....HELLO! ;o)

April 15, 2008 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home