Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Preoccupied

Sorry I have been MIA lately but I have been busy. You see my computer has been running slow. I was not sure what was causing it so I started putting it through the full press trying to get it into shape. I spent over 15 hours running a defrag on my hard drives. (Yep I have a TON of hard drive space which is part of why everything is taking so long) That was followed almost 4 hours of searching for adware and spyware software, And now I am in the middle (9 hours and counting) of virus scan. After this I will be doing a registry fix program that promises to have my machine running like new. Hopefully when all this is done my machine will still boot.

So what has all this done for me? Well the hard drive was badly drefagmented and I suspect that alone was really slowing down my machine. All the adware and spyware stuff only found minor things like tracking cookies and a couple of nuisance things that are now gone. The anti-virus has found three infected files but, since it is not done, I do not know what they are yet. That makes me a little anxious as I rarely ever find a virus. I am sure the registry fix will actually help things out as I saw a scan (without fixing anything) and it looks like it should clean a lot of unneeded registry entries that can’t help but make things run a little better. Bottom line, my machine will probably run about the same and I will have wasted 2 or 3 days cleaning my machine but at least I will know it is healthy none the less.



Time to focus on spring. Spring snuck in and the very next day it dumped snow on us. Snow is OK but not now. We have had one of the snowiest winters ever. Now it is time to let the flowers and grass grow. Oh well, I best get to shoveling the sidewalk before heading to my folks for bunny day. Should you celebrate Easter I hope you have a nice weekend filled with family and friends and of course CHOCOLATE.
6 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

Well, I hope your get the blamed thing working OK Bryan. The blogasphere just ain't the blogasphere without you.

March 22, 2008 7:15 AM  
Blogger lime said...

ugh...what a long process. i do hope after all that trouble it shows some benefits. have a happy easter, bryan.

March 22, 2008 9:58 AM  
Blogger S said...

Wow I hope you like your new free book stash!

I have a slow computer too, and even with DSL, when I called Yahoo for the super fast hookup, they said, "do you live in a field or something?"
"why, yes, as a matter of fact, I do, I smack dab in the middle of an apple orchard."
"Ah ha! Well, that's why you cannot get super fast, equipment you need doesn't go out there."
Now I have no idea what that means....but....staying slow...
Happy Easter Barman!

March 22, 2008 8:34 PM  
Blogger Zephyr said...

What registry cleaner do you use? Cause I really need to find one. My laptop is having some issues and I don't want to reload it all yet.

March 22, 2008 10:49 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Happy Easter!
I need to do something like that to mine because this week it has started to run slow! Time to have Mr Gab take a quick peek!

March 23, 2008 3:25 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

I wish I knew how to do all that stuff.

My computer would be much happier.

It automatically does virus scans each week.

But, the rest...I don't think I would even know where to begin!

Ugh.

Good luck with yours.

I LOVE that bunny pic.

A friends sent it to me awhile back. It's hilarious.

xoxo, and I hope you had a kickass Easter with lots of chicks and candy.

March 25, 2008 8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home