Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, March 07, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

People despise you
They blame you for everything
If they were not civilized
they would hurt you

And yet you are not to blame
You make minimum wage
How could you control anything?

Other than having a
fresh pot of coffee made
you really have
little affect on them

Gas station attendant
is a dangerous job



Funny, I have not seen a gas station attendant in ages. I use my debit card so I pay at the pump. But I know attendants always used to get the blame for the price of gas. Of course we all know that not only does the attendant not set the price of gas but neither does the station. Those kind of decisions are made at corporate.

Still you feel like lashing out. I mean not all that long ago I remember filling my tank and being shocked if it was above $25. Now as long as I get out under $50 I feel lucky. Gas just keeps going up and taking a bigger bite out of our budget.

Of course that is only part of it. With the price of fuel going up, so is the price of food and, well just about everything. Yet at the same time, I do not know about you but I have only seen minimal raises. Of course with the economy, especially in Michigan, I am surprised to get any raise at all and just thankful I still have a job.

It just does not make sense. Despite the high cost of fuel you still see plenty of gas guzzling cars out there. Sure you are starting to see some hybrids that get some decent millage but those are just starting to take off. Why didn't we already see better fuel millage before this. I mean there was a major crisis in the 70s and since then it was ignored.

Oh well we are paying our dues now and it is going to keep getting worse. I was outraged when I payed $3.00 a gallon for the first time. Most likely we will see $4.00 sometime this year. That is unless you live in cali, in which case you are probably already paying this. I just do not see this ending well at all.

Well that accomplished nothing but I guess it felt good to be said.

If you would like to join us in 55Flash fiction Friday we would love to have you. Click on the badge on my sidebar for more information. It really is not that hard and it is only 55 words. Should you play than be sure to let Susie or G-man (on vacation this week) know so your fellow 55ers know and can come visit.

Next week I am going to try something new. In addition to the 55, I am going to post my first Sky Watch Friday and hopefully get back into the Photo Hunt on Saturdays. Even if you do not participate in Sky Watch Friday, you may want to check them out. I have seen some pretty wonderful pictures people are posting and I have only checked out a few people.

Have a very nice weekend and for heaven sakes, think warm people. And if you are were it is warm now... please send some this way. PLEASE.

Labels:

10 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

You remind me that my ex-wife was the attendant at the gas station run my her father when I met her. She and her mother worked. He slept.

March 07, 2008 7:45 AM  
Blogger lime said...

if you go to NJ you'll see lots of attendants. it is illegal to pump your own gas in NJ. wild, huh?

March 07, 2008 8:15 AM  
Blogger James Goodman said...

lol, that's good stuff! Very cool 55 indeed.

March 07, 2008 10:24 AM  
Blogger myrtle beached whale said...

I think the only place you will see attendants is New Jersey, where it is illegal to pump your own gas. I think that probably speaks to the intelligence of the New Jersey Driver. I enjoyed your 55 and the photo was great.
http://myrtlebeachramblings.blogspot.com/

March 07, 2008 11:30 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

All our petrol stations are self service and petrol is about $2 a litre!

Great 55. Mine's up too. :)

March 07, 2008 12:10 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

with $106 a barrel, It is quite possible that is happening in America!

Great 55ve Bryan. I did one too!

March 07, 2008 12:59 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

You know every time Mr Gab and youngest son T work they get yelled at for gas prices! It was so bad the other day because Mr Gab was outside changing the numbers on the board and some started screaming at him "lower the prices not up higher!" He told themhe would love to lower the prices but he unfortunally cant. And we bought a durango and its about $75 to fill. Mr Gab spends 49.00 each week instead which gives m an almost half of tank! And trust me we know about the job situtation. Why do you think Mr Gab is at a gas station working?

March 07, 2008 4:50 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

OMG!!! That looks like something I would do! YIKES...lol!

Hope you have a FANTABULOUS wknd Bryan!!

;o))

March 07, 2008 5:11 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Nick, sounds like the Dad had the right idea. I think I would get bored however.

Lime, I had no idea. Wow. Except in the real bad weather I am way to used to doing it myself.

Thank you so much James.

myrtle beached ... first, ah. Never been to the area but I know my Sister has several times. Sounds so good now. The photo was fun. Glad I did not do that. I am afraid I can not speak of New Jersey. My only experience is the long layovers over night at the Newark Airport when I could get real cheap rates if I did that. No problems there.

Akelamalu, $2 a liter... that would be... never mind, I won't complain any more.

Mona, to true. I will be over to see what wonderful thing you posted in a minute.

Gab, so sorry to hear. I forgot about Mr Gab. I am sorry to hear that. And the Durango, ouch again. Just not fair. Hopefully the job thing will get better sometime.

That is our Jillie! :) You have a wonderful weekend too ... but then you have nice weather and three waggers. How could you have a bad weekend?

March 07, 2008 6:15 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Our gas prices are the highest they have EVER been! GRRRRRRRR!

March 08, 2008 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home