Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, February 22, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

Here you sit
Nothing but time to think
where you went wrong

It was after closing
Alarms were off
you knew how to get in

You broke into
the small furniture store
You knew they carelessly stash
money to open tomorrow

That bed looked so inviting
If only you got more sleep
the night before


It seems like I am hearing more and more stupid crook stories. I rarely go a week without some really "smart" crook pulling a real bone head move and getting arrested or killed.


Some example


A crook stole a snow blower in the middle of winter. What did they do? They used the snow blower to clean the snow from the sidewalk from where they stole it to make it easier to get the snow blower home.

A person started a fire, filmed it and posted it on YouTube. Can you say busted.

Another YouTube, a group broke a store window, filmed it and posted it.

A guy dressed up like a cop and, with red and blue flashing in his car, pulls over an off duty cop and tells him he was speeding. The cop suspected the badge he flashed him was a fake and asked for photo ID and a better look at the badge. The fake cop ran back to his car and fled but not before the real cop copied down his license plate number.


There are a lot more examples. I have a question, is this an example of the people that will be running our country when we retire? I wonder if it is very expensive to buy my own private secluded island and go live on it? Want to come along?

-------------------

For more information on 55 Flash Fiction Friday and how you to can participate, click the badge in my side bar. The hardest thing is coming up with an idea. After that it is a piece of cake. Come join us.

Labels:

9 Comments:
Blogger Queenie said...

You bet, I bags the top bunk!
Loved your 55, aren't there some fools around?

February 22, 2008 8:55 AM  
Blogger barman said...

WhooHoo Queenie.

I best get started building those huts for everyone on the island.

February 22, 2008 9:19 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

Poor thief! Stealing is an art too I guess!

February 22, 2008 10:19 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Dork! I love it when crooks get theirs!

Mine's up too.

February 22, 2008 12:33 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan, put me in for a hut!!!
The world gone crazy.
All kidding aside it really is a frightening world we are living in.
Every day the news is full of more of these crazies.
Yes I DO want a hut on that secluded island!!!!!!!!!
Great idea!

February 22, 2008 1:47 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Oh yes I do! I know I've heard more of these stupid stories every single day and I'm wondering what are they thinking? Actually I know they aren't.


ps Im going to update my blog in a bit

February 22, 2008 3:34 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Stupid is as stupid was!

I think the day they handed out brains they thought they said trains and held the door for everyone...lol!!

Have a great wknd Bryan ;o))

February 22, 2008 4:09 PM  
Blogger S said...

LOL Too funny.
Once some kids took the video camera from Mr Ratburns classroom, and lol, filmed themselves. When the camera was later recovered dumped somewhere after the kids learned they had been told on, we watched the video and there were his students, the theives themselves! LOL
What morons!
Have a good weekend Bryan.

February 22, 2008 4:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Stupid, yes. But if the dude fell asleep before he took the money, he’s guilty of breaking and entering but not burglary. Sounds like his the kind who needs small blessings.

February 24, 2008 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home