Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thank You so Much


Sorry I did not do an update but I really was not where I could get to the Internet.

My Mom came home this afternoon. They decided that the hole in her lung has sealed itself and she is doing well. She still has a cough which was responsible for getting her into the hospital in the first place but with the pile of meds she has, with luck she will be healing and getting back to normal soon.

I must say, while I was there I ran into a lot of doctors and they were not all guys. Some of the lady doctors were pretty cute too. I wonder if any of them where single??? lol

It was a strange time. The first day I was extremely worried but I tried not to let on. I knew my Sister would not take this well and if I did not be strong she would be not doing well at all. By my second day it finally hit home that my Dad has Alzheimer's and I needed to look after him and make sure all was OK and also do what I could to comfort him to. I mean this is a very strange situation being apart from her and all. Luckily he is not to far gone yet but still it was a challenge that I was not sure if I was up to or not. By the third day I realized that I needed to grow up.

NO, ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!

I needed to take charge and get the house clean, the dishes done, dusting, things organized, etc. My Mom keeps a neat house but being very ill for a week and then in the hospital it was in need of some attention. I could not see my Mom being burdened with that first thing out of the hospital. Luckily I did not get to the next step and having to worry about bills or things like that. Now I know probably anyone out there reading this is saying well duh! But I just am not used to having to do things like that when I visit and I guess I was still in the visit more.

So now I am back home and having to deal with all the snow but that is fine. At least everything else is doing well. I can handle the snow, cleaning my own house, work, piece of cake.

Once again, thank you so much everyone. It really comforted me knowing you where there. Now, LET’S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!
9 Comments:
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan so glad to hear your mama is doing better.
When you say that by the third day you realized that you needed to grow up, I think what you really meant was.."wow, I have always been the son, and played the son role, how do I make the change from son to caretaker!!!"
Not an easy role at all, don't feel guilty.
Hugs!!!!

February 12, 2008 8:45 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm so relieved that your mom is doing better. That has to be a huge relief.

You are a great son to do all you are doing and I know that both of your parents appreciate it. Your mother will be able to rest easy at home now because of you.

Hugs to you, my friend!

February 12, 2008 9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bryan, I am so glad your mom is home and healing I pray.

This is really an important post. I hope that folks who are reading it and have not yet had the experience of having to take care of a parent understand how traumatic and demanding that can be. You’ve done an excellent job of letting them know.

Blessings, my friend!

February 12, 2008 9:58 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Great news! :)

February 13, 2008 8:05 AM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Bryan I am so pleased to hear you mum is getting over this. You are a great son and if mine is a patch on you I will be a happy woman ((((HUGS)))).

February 13, 2008 9:24 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Little Wing. It is strange for that to happen.

Thanks Sign. I just do what needs to be done. Family is family. It's about time I pay them back a little for raising me. :)

Thank you Nick. I have a feeling I will have a lot of learning to do myself.

Akelamalu, I was pleased. I just wish I could have stuck around a little bit more but a darn storm was coming in. Oh well, I know my Sister will watch after them.

Queenie, I think we all step up when we need to. I am sure your son will shine when need be. Thank you.

February 13, 2008 10:16 AM  
Blogger lime said...

glad to hear mom is home and doing well. :)

February 13, 2008 10:50 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Oh, Barman!

I am so entirely happy and smiles to read that things are looking up.

You seem in much better spirits and that really makes me so very, very glad!!!

Now, about those hot chick docs....

I think a wise man once said 'same bat time, same bat channel.'

You know what days they work. Bring flowers and thank them for helping you and your family through the rough times. See how they smile at you and go from there.

Next order of business.....

The party!

I'm SO there.

xoxo!

February 13, 2008 8:06 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Lime it was wonderful to see her finally come home. The hospital was great, the staff wonderful, they even let you use a cell phone in the hospital ... still she belongs home.

Strumpet why did I think you would find the chic docs interesting? I just might need to check things out when I am back in the area. I left to soon.

After all this weather (and yours has been even worse) I am so in for a party.

February 13, 2008 8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home