Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Asking For Your Help

I am on may way to Detroit. My Mom is being rushed to the hospital. She is very sick and now she can not breath. Normally she has use of less than 18 percent of her lungs because she has bullae emphysema and a somewhat rare lung disease called Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Syndrome. But with being sick it is much worse. I am truly worried she may not make it through this.

If you should happen upon my blog could you please send positive vibes or prayers her way. I would really appreciate it.

UPDATE: First and formost thank you everyone. It really means a lot to me. I talked with my friend from Kentucky on my drive down to the hospital. I never talk on the phone while driving but it really helped me get through that drive. Friends really make a difference.

They admited my Mom last night. She is doing better but they wanted to do more tests. Lets make this short. After all the tests and everything they have noticed air around the lungs that should not be there. They determined that a bullia ruptured and allowed the air to escape the lung. Further obervation that have determined the bullia has sealed itself since the air pocket is not growing.

What this means is rather than having to put in a chest tube to remove the air they are trying to give her high concentrations of oxygen to cause her body to absorb the air. Hopefully by this time Monday she will be doing pretty good and possibly able to come home Monday night or Tuesday. Luckily work is being understanding and I am able to take the time to be with family. My Dad really neads someone to be there not only because his wife is in the hospital but also since he has alzheimer's.

Well that is the basics of it. She is in the hospital but doing much better. We hope she will be coming home soon. Thank you everyone for being there for me. It means a lot to me.
20 Comments:
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Bryan,

I am sending SO many positive vibes towards your mom and you right now.

I will keep them coming.

Much love to you and yours, Mr. Barman.

February 09, 2008 7:36 PM  
Blogger lime said...

vibes and prayers on their way, bryan.

February 09, 2008 8:29 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Oh Bryan of course you have good vibs and prayers from us all. I truelly hope everything turns out ok. (((((((HUGS))))))))

February 09, 2008 10:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bryan, I certainly know what it’s like not to be able to breath. I have put your mom on my prayer intercession list and have already prayed for her.

Blessings, my friend. Be safe in your travels.

February 10, 2008 12:32 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

HI Bryan

Best wishes for your mum. I also have Alpha-1 antitrypsin Defiency.
Does your mum get the augmentation therapy? I have a web-page about Alphas' - if you'd like to check it out, the link is, http://www.myspace.com/gypsiejules

Prayers' and good vibes are on their way. Hugs for you!
Jules :)

February 10, 2008 7:26 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thanks Strumpet, you are awesome. Between you and everyone else I believe it has made a huge difference.

Thank You Lime. It is funny what a difference it can make.

GAB, for now things are looking up. I think we will have a very positive news tomorrow. Thanks so much for everything.

Nick I know you do. I have been thinking about you so much over the last day or two. From the oxygen generator in the bedroom I am staying in, to all the air tubing on the ground in the hospital ... the only thing missing besides you is Alex. Thank you so much.

I am sorry to hear that Jules. The good news is things seem to have come a long ways. My Mom has been taking the augmentation therapy for about 18 years now. When they first diagnosed her they only gave her 3 good years and maybe 5 years all together to live. Now things are not perfect but in that extra time she has had she has a niece and saw her one son get married (I seem to be a lost cause but that is a different story). So things have went wonderful so far but things are not always perfect.

A side note, one of the people who were looking in on my Mom is named Jill. She is not a nurse like our Jillie is but I could not help but get a big smile on my face when I saw that.

Once again thank you everyone. You are the best.

February 10, 2008 10:05 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan, bless your family.
I have my positive energy flying all the way to your moms bedside!!!!
Bless her and your dad, I know this can't be easy for you.
Stay strong Bryan.
Hugs.

February 10, 2008 11:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the update on your mom, Bryan. I hope the procedure works. My prayers continue.

February 11, 2008 1:10 AM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I hope the best for your Mom, and I'm very glad for the update.

February 11, 2008 11:44 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

Oh Bryan! I do wish your mom the best of luck with all of this. Be strong and I will be sending all of my well wishes to you and your family!

Hang in there!
xo

February 11, 2008 2:22 PM  
Blogger ell said...

barman! so sorry to hear about your mom. hope she pulls thru ok.

February 11, 2008 6:34 PM  
Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Ow! A flat lung! Well, at least they're not being very invasive with getting the air out! Ouchie!

` PS My boyfriend was almost horribly gunned down by the SWAT team, if you wanna read about it.

February 11, 2008 8:35 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Still here for you Bryan, hope everything is going as well as can be expected.
((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

February 12, 2008 12:06 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Barman,

I am so glad to come and read this update.

It sounds like things are looking up and I will keep the good vibes coming.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

Stay strong and be well.

February 12, 2008 12:53 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Take care brother....
I'm thinking about you!
G

February 12, 2008 7:19 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Bryan, I'm so sorry I wasn't aware that this was going on. I'm praying that she is already home and on the mend.

Call me if you need anything.

February 12, 2008 10:38 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

Just stopping in to say hello and see how things are going. If there is anything I can do on this end...please let me know

nurseratched2000@yahoo.com

February 12, 2008 12:51 PM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

So sorry to hear this and not knowing soon. I'm sending Reiki to you, your Mom and your Dad. I hope the next news you post will be to say your Mom has recovered well. x

February 12, 2008 1:19 PM  
Blogger ohc said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

February 15, 2008 9:00 PM  
Blogger ohc said...

Bryan,
I am so sorry for not reading this sooner. I pray all is ok with your mother. Sending you and your family good thoughts and lots of prayer. Please keep us posted. Hugs........

February 15, 2008 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home