Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, February 29, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

You have to kill her off, but how
A gun, to loud
A knife, to messy
Poison, traceable
Staged accident, promising

You could run her over,
you might be seen

Push her in front of a bus,
again you might be seen

You settle on
cutting her break lines

The life of a adventure/mystery novelist


This seemed like a novel approach to the 55 this week (sorry). Also sorry for such a late post of the 55. Between work, research for work, and homework assignments for the group I am part of, I think I zapped all my creativity. Add to that a foot that keeps reminding me what a klutz I am and ... well I did the best I could.

If you would like to attempt a 55, click on the badge on the side bar. It is not that hard and it is a fun thing to do with Fridays.


Happy Birthday to any Leap Year babies out there. My Bosses Boss is actually a Leap Year baby. It is not an easy thing to do. You have 4 times more chance of being born any other day of the year other then leap day since leap day only occurs every 4 years, if that (While 2000 was a leap year and 2400 will also be a leap year, 2100, 2200, and 2300 are not leap years even though you would think they would be. Of course I will never see any of those years). Any other day of the year occurs every year.


You have a wonderful weekend.

Labels:

9 Comments:
Blogger S said...

Excellently done, Bryan!
The last line could also read
The life of a 55 Flash Fiction writer.

I am not up yet but I am going to write one now.
I know Gmans not around as well.
So everyone just get out there and read those 55's.

February 29, 2008 10:19 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I like it! Great 55.

Mine's up.

February 29, 2008 11:28 AM  
Blogger Naughty Endevours said...

Super stuff! Wish I was creative!

February 29, 2008 2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God I'm not a leap baby!

February 29, 2008 2:43 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Nicely done!

What did you do to your foot? You aren't pulling a Jillie on us are you?

February 29, 2008 4:52 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

hehehe... I like that twist in the end :D

who would have thought that was a NOVELIST! :D

March 01, 2008 1:24 AM  
Blogger smarmoofus said...

I'm glad I'm not a character in your novel! Great fun, though.

-smarmoofus

March 01, 2008 7:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

There must be something in the air about mystery writers! Yours is the four blog post I’ve read in the past two days on the subject. That’s fine with me: I’m a mystery aficionado!

March 02, 2008 1:02 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Why yes it could Susie. I never thought of that.

Akelamalu I liked yours, very good. I am so impressed with everyones 55s.

Naughty Endevours I suspect you are going to be very popular among the bloggers. You would be surprised, it is not that hard to do a 55. From what I read I think you would do just fine should you decide to try.

rantingdiva I take it you are not in your 80s so no drinking for you. Nope, I think that would be a bad thing too.

Sign, I fell down my stairs and hurt it. I do not remember what poor Jillie did but yep, I think I was filling in for her while she was gone. She can have it back.

Mona some of my favorite 55s I have done have that twist at the end. I learned it from G-Man. I really like it when a story ends that way.

smarmoofus I think you would be the new love interest that the old love interest was being bumped off for so no worries until ... later.

You don't say Nick. Funny how things run in spurts like that. My fave to watch or read is science fiction but I do love a nice mystery in the theater. I really should read more. I bet the mystery is even better as a book.

March 02, 2008 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home