Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Stop the Campaign, I want to Get Off

OK, time for you to skip this post. I am going to talk United States politics. I am not going to go into it deep or really push for a candidate or anything. Actually I am more disappointed with things about this whole debacle.

I watched the democratic debate. What I saw Obama won hands down. However I found out later that Clinton did much better in the first half I did not see at first. Clintons attack on Obama for plagiarism, please. First it was not plagiarism. Second, who cares. That to me says desperation. Tell the people why they should vote for you. Don’t slime your opponent. Let me warn you, I do not like Clinton and will not vote for her. Not because she is a woman but just because who they are. I thought ending with Clinton was her crying all over again. Sorry, Clinton is tough as nails. All she did was scripted and an act. Obama I do not know well enough yet to know if he is worth voting for. I know there are a few things that worry me about him but other things makes me wonder if he might be a good choice.

I watched the news afterwards. Now I watched CNN but it was heavily democratic leaning and anti republican, What ever happened to reporting the news. So I switched over to fox news. Now they are heavy republican leaning although they do have at least one person that is very democratic on staff for certain segmants. Still it was all doom and gloom for both Clinton and Obama. Some were saying Clinton was trying to set the stage for bowing out. Sorry, I am not buying that.

Another issue that was covered on CNN as the McCain. They were all but saying shame. Wait a minute, the facts that I see say that nothing inappropriate was done. The only thing that happened was something that appeared like it could be inappropriate so they staff wanted it stopped. Is there more to this, don’t really know especially from watching CNN. Then there was Fox News who totally went after the NY Times. Basically they said there was nothing to this story. They spent about 2 months trying to find something on McCain and could not find it but published anyway. From what I could tell, the only things that might even be possible, McCain might have showed some favoritism but even that I am not sure of and he has given me no reason to doubt him.

The thing that is driving me nuts is neither CNN nor Fox News reports everything. You have to watch both and kind of make up your own mind. The Democrats just want to create million programs. Why should I have to pay for all those programs. Help them help themselves maybe. Now on the other hand the republicans want to give business a break. What about the people, don’t they need a break. Stop giving the store away to business. That is part of why I like McCain. He is more or less moderate. That is what I think we really need. Not a hard left Democrat or a hard right Republican. McCain also seems to have a track record that that is who he us. Clinton will change in a heart beat if it is to her advantage, Obama has not seemed that way but the more I have talked to people the more I know I need to learn about him.

I would think about voting for an Independent but have you ever seen what the Independent parties stand for.

Anyway they are just driving me crazy. They have been at it campaigning for over a year already and we still have 8 months to go. I can’t take it anymore. I am voting the Peanuts party and voting Charlie Brown the President. He can not do any worse. Sorry, I think I just needed to spill a little... Don’t get me started on the Gilbert Bus Brawl.
5 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

I wanna vote for Charlie Brown too! This whole thing is making me nuts and really how are we actually gonna come down to who is better? eenie miney mo?

February 24, 2008 12:09 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm seriously considering not even voting. I know that it's the easy way out, but I don't think any of these candidates deserves my vote. Of course, I've felt this way for the last two presidential votes.

February 24, 2008 6:19 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I really think Charlie Brown could work GAB. He is going to run as an Independent. I hear the Little Red Haired girl is going to run his campaign. I think Charlie Brown is about 54 years old (not bad) does not have any skeletons in his closet, etc.

Sign I know what you are saying. I voted but I really would have voted for just about anyone else. What ever happened to a good candidate?

February 24, 2008 8:02 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Bryan I like McCains military record.
I like Hillary's promise of health care for everyone.
Obama kind of scares me.
The New York times has lost a lot of readers because of that story.
The Gilbert Bus Brawl?
Lets not even go there.
Charlie Brown would get my vote. Although the Little Red Headed girl could cause him grief.......

February 24, 2008 8:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yep! They can stop the circus. My mind is made up. Let's get to November and the voting!

February 24, 2008 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home