Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, March 02, 2008

FanBox and Good Times

Is it just me or are you getting FanBox invites too. Two of them were from people I did not recognize the name. One was from Tony and I said "I know Tony." Nope, wrong tony.

This invite was for two very good looking twenty something women who have thousands of people that are "fans." I highly doubt they really want me as a fan. Then I checked out Tony. Yep he was from NY and liked New York sports but that was about it. I think i might have graduated from City University in 2004. That would make him ... well just a few years younger than the Tony I know and love ... well like at least.

I have barely looked at FanBox but I do like that you can share files like pictures and MP3s and maybe more. But the invite was what got me. The invite say they want to be my fan. I am sorry but I would not mind a friend or three but a fan, I just do not see me having fans and that is not a put down. Fans are for like celebrities and I am far from a celebrity.

Anyway am I the only one getting these strange invites from very unlikely people.


What a nice weekend. First Saturday was Sun, Sun, Sun and more Sun. I was not that warm but that was OK. Next I ended up shoveling the minimum amount of snow that was on my cement figuring the rest of it would melt with the couple of 40+ degree days we were suppose to have. I was so right saving myself a little work.

Next I went into work to see if I could not work out a problem I was having. When I got into work I decided to park in the parking lot rather than parking on the street which, if I could find a place, would be a little closer. Someone I have met a handful of times but never really been formally introduced to was just leaving the lot and offered to give me a ride to where I work. Again how wonderful was that especially since my foot was still hurting. Next when I got to the building it was locked and I do not have after hours access. So no work for me. Disappointing for sure but hey, at least I did not have to spend my time at work. Of course I had to make my walk back to the car but at least it was only one way and not both ways.

Oh and by the way, I should have started this off by mentioning my foot is going much better. Now I am not fully recovered yet but I am doing well enough that I see no reason to seek treatment. That and I think Jillie is just about due to be back again and she can take over once again. Although I do have some klutz tendencies, I really don't like this hurt foot thingy. Wasn't it her left foot too? I am not liking this one bit.


Last night was a late one. I started to download 4.4 gigs of information that would allow me to set up my computer at home to do what I was going to do on my work machine. I installed everything and got things working. Then I starting working on the problem I had at work. Rather than bore you I could not get the sample code that I was basing things at work on and finally called it a night (or was that a morning) at 5ish in the morning. But upon waking after 8ish I had an idea and within 30 minutes I had it all figured out. YES! Sorry but considering I program for a living, this was a major thing that I could get this working. Plus it will be useful in the future too.

I went out for breakfast just because and that was nice. Oh and I forgot I also went to see a movie last night, the Bucket List. Some people are critical of the movie but I really loved it. Other than Juno it was the best movie I have seen in ages. I thought it was funny, and sad, and I loved the actors (remember Jack in Will and Grace... yep, he is in it two and I enjoyed his contribution too). Oh ad let me share one line out of it with you that I loved although it was not the best one as far as I was concerned. Good old Jack Nicholson was shared some wisdom... "Here's something to remember when you're older Thomas - never pass up a bathroom, never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart." I hate to say it but that last one is so true.

I had a few other things happen but I have to say that made for a mighty nice weekend for me. Usually I don't do much of anything.

I hope you had a nice weekend.
1 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

Nope your not the only one. I get so many emails daily to
become someones fan that now I just delete them because I dont know any of these people. I know I will probably delete someone I do know but for now Im afraid I will habe to. I'd rather use face book anyways

March 04, 2008 10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home