Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, March 31, 2008

What a Nice Day

What a nice few days. Not sure I got a lot accomplished but... well let me share.

For some reason I had a wonderful attitude from the get go on Thursday. Now part of me is sad that my partner at work of 10 3/4 years is leaving. Part of me is real worried because there are certain things he knows that I do not and it will not be a 5 minute thing to learn. Of course this will force me to learn which will make me more marketable. Still I could not help but smile for no reason at all. I felt like breaking out in song occasionally too but I did not. Lucky for everyone most of those times where when I was in my car. With the windows rolled up even the other un-expecting travelers would not be in danger.

I started in my training on what I need to know once said partner is gone. That will be slow going and I need to force myself to work at this and take lots of notes but we are getting there.

I was in touch with another group that works near where I do. There was a going away party for someone we know and I thought it would be nice to car pool since it was heading in the wrong direction for both of us. I thought we would each enjoy the company. Unfortunately she was dragged down with a bad headache most likely from the weather and she had a busy weekend so scratch that but it was nice to talk with her again. By the way, before I get any possible comments she is married. Anyway as it turned out I was not up to the night myself.

During the day I got a call from my Mom. Once again her heart was racing (128 or so at the peak) and she was worried. She did not want to go back into the hospital so I told her then go see your doctor because we are almost upon the weekend and you need to do something now.

Just under 2 hours later she got in and several hours later she was back home. That whole time I was really worried what was happening. They ended up adding a water pill to her blood pressure meds and said see the cardiologist. It seemed to calm her down and by the evening her pulse was back below 100 and was doing much better. Of course I knew I would be dead if I did not make this one phone call.

My Sister and her family have been on vacation in Florida visiting Mickey, watching the Tigers play spring baseball and, if I them, sitting by the pool enjoying the good life. I hated to bother them especially since I know my Sister really over reacts but I knew I would be a dead man if I did not call. I knew my Mom would not call since they were on vacation. I started out the call with some niceties and after a little while I told her why I was calling but not before saying everything is OK, nothing to worry about, she is at home and doing fine. In the end I will staying alive at least for a little while and will even get a souvenir to boot (which would have been withheld I am sure.

Several calls to my Mom on Saturday told me she was doing much better and would be fine until her cardio appointment on Tuesday. Time to move on to other things.

The Vampires called me last week. Ve Vant Your Blooood!!! So I decided to go along with them and made a pit stop in the morning on Saturday. All went pretty well. The one nurse made a couple of minor mistakes (that I could care less about) but all and all uneventful. Still I lost an hour or my life. The person right in front of me left and rescheduled because it took to long. In this day and age I really wish they would make part of the process be online that you could read what ever they wanted you to read and then you could fill out your questions. I would cut the time in half I would bet. Oh well, maybe some day.

Still being in a wonderful mood I decided to go for a mini drive and ended up going out to breakfast when I was finished with my ride. How nice was that. I really enjoyed my Mexican Skillet. I just added on a some more spice and I was all set to go.

The rest of the day and most of Sunday for that matter was just things around the house and making phone calls. Not bad. Oh I did do one other thing. I bought me a waffle maker and ingredients to become a waffle making fool. I hope to become said fool this evening. If all goes well I will be freezing some and bringing them with me for the up coming weekend. We celebrate my Sisters Bday (Feb 26) and my Niece’s Bday (Apr 6) on Sunday. I am sure I can sneak in the waffles somewhere. I am sure my brother in law will shoot me as my niece is sure to love them.

Two more things and I am out of here for the past few days. I went to see a movie on Sunday, Definitely, Maybe. I loved it. It was certainly not a macho mans movie. I guess it was a somewhat mild to medium chick flick. But in the end I was pulling for April and ... well you will have to see it. Still I loved the concept. The guy started out on a Campaign and he expected to be some important and to make such a difference. He ended up getting coffee, toilet paper and other stuff. He eventually moved up on the Clinton (set in 1990's) campaign. In the end he discovered these people whom he thought were perfect and everyone should know that, turned out to be human after all with the hole Jennifer Flower and Lewinski affairs and the “it depends what is, is” thing. Anyway this whole story and what followed was him telling to his daughter what happened and how he came to marry her mother (whom they were getting a divorce now). He disguised the three main women and told the story. The daughter hated it but would not let him stop. In the end she figured it out. Well that is probably more than I should tell but I did enjoy the movie.

Afterwards I called back my friend and found out her Mother had died over the weekend. She had Alzheimer bad for sometime and they really do not know what happened but she started downhill fast on Thursday. By Sunday she had passed. It is sad to see her go as I really liked her but I am sure it is much easier on her and the family at the same time. I think I go to a visitation on Wednesday. I have mixed feelings but look forward to being there.

Well that is my weird weekend. Somehow it did not bring me down even though fate tried its best.

I hope you have a very nice weekend. Happy Spring! Oh, one more thing. I am working on a way to at least take in the maximum amount of Derby in a few days. I will miss some of my favorite things but it will be nice to go for a visit.
6 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

lots of things packed into your weekend, many that could cause all sorts of wild emotions. glad you were able to ride it all out in relative calm.

March 31, 2008 4:19 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Your grand mood simply shines through in this post, Bardude.

Love it.

It must be all that spice.

Now about those waffles....yum.

xo!

March 31, 2008 9:45 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Holy crap, that is a lot of weekend to say the least! I'll make it short and say that I'm glad your mom is doing better.

March 31, 2008 9:47 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Lime it was an extended weekend to be fair but yep, not to bad. I am glad things turned out. One has to run with the those good days as you never know when the next one will come along.

Strumpet I got some more ingredients and will be trying plain, chocolate chip, blueberry and possibly raspberry. The last two are on an improvised recipe. We shall see tomorrow. I have decided to take them with me for the weekend and share them at my Sisters. Hopefully I do not poison anyone.

Thank you so much Tony. I hope her appointment with the cardiologist goes well.

March 31, 2008 10:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice days are what make surviving sot-so-nice days worthwhile. Bryan, I hope the good weather is coming your way. The forecast highs here are in the 60sF for the rest of the week. The temp is now 66F (at midnight) and Alex the furball is outside catting around. I rather wish I was young enough to join him!

April 01, 2008 12:07 AM  
Blogger barman said...

You and me both Nick although I realize I am in a little better shape than you at this point. Still no catting in my near future.

I do not think we will hit ... wait, let me check. We are almost 60 right now. Over the next week we have one day in the mid 40s with the rest in the low to mid 50s. That is about right with you being about 300 miles South of me.

April 01, 2008 12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home