Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, April 04, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

Heat the ovens

Start with fresh dough
Knead it, roll it, or toss it

Add a little olive oil
to pans and dough

Pizza sauce with oregano

Hamburger
Italian Sausage
Bacon
Grilled Chicken
Green Peppers
White Onions
Pepperoni
Mushrooms
Black Olives
Mozzarella, Munster,
Parmesan, Provolone…

Were not opening a pizzeria,
just feeding the extended hoard




This weekend we will be celebrating my Sisters birthday which was in February her daughters birthday. We are pulling together both sides of the family which is rather surprisingly small and will be making pizza. It was the request of the birthday girl to have Mama R pizza.

It looks like we will be making at least 4 pizzas. I bought cheese for 6 just in case however. We go crazy with the cheese as we put a pound on every pizza (about 12 good sized oblong pieces to give you an idea of the size). Talk about a heavy pizza.

I will also be tossing an antipasto salad together. It is a little bit of work but everyone lives it. When all is said and done I think we will have a decent time and everyone will have to let their belt out a notch. Add to this a wonderful weekend weather wise… life is good.

I hope you have yourself a wonderful weekend. If you want I will save you a slice or two of pizza. Never made a vegetarian before but I am sure we could try if you life…

UPDATE: Popping out for the weekend. See you on Monday. Sending out good vibes for anyone that needs it as things are doing well for me right now.

Labels:

15 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

YUM YUM YUM! Im on my way lol.
I havent made home made in like for ever. But thats mainly cause daughter works at the hut and we get to lazy! Have fun and Happy Birthday to your sister

April 04, 2008 10:23 AM  
Blogger S said...

Most people dont believe this about me, but I'll take the pepperoni!

I want to learn to make homemade pizza! How fun.

One summer, I am going to do midwest tour just so I can come over to your house, and Gmans and get some FOOOOOOODDDD!!!! Im tired of lettuce!

April 04, 2008 11:12 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

Sounds like great pizzas and that's a yummy 55! :)

April 04, 2008 12:49 PM  
Blogger barman said...

If I am visiting my parents we do a Dominoes one. My parents know the owners and they not only make the old style pizza (more or less) that they no longer do but they also give them a discount. They have a pizza every Sunday from them. So I hear you on being lazy. This is a special treat. It will take soem time to put together however.

Suzie you know we would take care of you but, as long as you are not a strick vegiterian, I bet we could come to a comprise and all would be happy. I actually like the occasional vegi pizza. Thet can be very delish. Oh and I love my salads but ... not all the time.

After this weekend I am going to be all pizza'd out. I had pizza last night. I had pizza for lunch for my partner in crime at work that is going away. I will have it on Sunday. Yep, I will be all pizza'd out. Still I do love pizza.

April 04, 2008 1:12 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I just got fatter from reading this, LMAO!

Hope you have a great weekend, B!

April 04, 2008 6:43 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Great Job on the 55 Bryan.
Myself, I also love making pizza from scratch.
I'm sure you will be the hit of the family!
Have a great week-end...G

April 04, 2008 7:32 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign, some of the cheese is made from skim milk. I hope that helps. Thanks Sign. It will be busy but nice. I hope you have a grand weekend.

G I have tried making dough from scratch but have never been happy with it. Luckily the one bakery by my parents make wonderful dough. Other than that, yep we love our scratch pizza. You have a wonderful weekend too. I predict a bike ride or three in there somewhere.

April 04, 2008 7:43 PM  
Blogger Zephyr said...

I love homemade pizza. Yours sounds delicious... making me hungry. I just may have to try out my recipe again soon!

Hope the meal went well!

April 05, 2008 8:55 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

I am so glad to hear that things are going well for you, Barman.

Your smiles of late, simply exude out of the way your posts have been written.

You deserve smiles.

And pizza.

Have fun!

April 05, 2008 9:05 AM  
Blogger snowelf said...

I'd like to just take a bite out of your 55 this week!! :) Hope it was fabulous!!!!

--snow

April 06, 2008 10:58 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Lara it took a lot of work but we did indeed feast on homemade pizza on Sunday. Yum. I am glad we do not do it all the time however as I so eat to much.

Strumpet I am looking at the fact that if you are given lemons (by our resident sunshine girl Jillie of course) you can choose to make lemonade or be a stick in the mud. So I decided to try and open a lemonade stand instead. Thanks so much Strumpie.

Snowelf it was a bit of work as most of the prep work for the 5, count them one, two, three, four, five, pizzas was done by hand but in the end it paid off. We could have done three pizza and still had left overs but still, I shall enjoy my leftovers.

April 07, 2008 7:23 AM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Tag, your it! You've been tagged!

April 07, 2008 8:28 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Oooooohhhh...that sounds SO yummy EXCEPT that I am stuffed on spaghetti!!!

Hope you had a great wknd Bryan ;o)

April 07, 2008 11:23 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

I adore antipasto - and man it has been years since I made my own homw specialty pizza. Your feasting and visiting sounds great - nothing like family and good food :)

April 09, 2008 1:48 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

You are right, Bryan.

I need to open a lemonade stand myself.

April 10, 2008 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home