Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Coming Soon

I have been just a touch preoccupied over the past couple of days. Also I am flipping though 1200 pictures to come up with a couple to share. For now I will just post a couple of teasers...



The weekend was a little wacky. As I was making my little trek on Saturday I managed to come up with 3 traffic slow downs and one terrible accident. I figured for sure it was a fatality accident. It looked like a semi clipped a minibus type of vehicle. The semi ended up going into the median and luckily staying in control His right side of his cab was devastated. The minibus was lying on its side and was nothing but a shell as it had burnt completely. There were 20 emergency vehicles on the scene with more arriving. They had not been there very long as the traffic backup was not to bad. On Sunday I found out there were 6 people in the minibus. All went to hospital however two of them were airlifted to hospital. I am surprised anyone survived.

On the way home I came across a couple of cute things. There was this bright lime vehicle that really caught your attention all by itself. Add to it a custom license plate. The vehicle was a Scion Xb. If you have ever seen one, it looks like the Gilligan's island car they had, very square shaped. As a matter of fact many have called it a toaster. Anyway, the custom license read BOXENVY. Very appropriate and cute.

The other item with this sticker that went all the way across the top of the back window of a jeep. The sticker was upside down and it read "If you can read this flip me over". I got a big chuckle out of that although I think I have seen it before somewhere.

UPDATE: Oops, I so forgot to mention something. When I was in the Detroit area I heard advertising for this one food place. The advertised Famous Philly CHEESESTEAKS. Now that caught me ear so when I was heading out of town back home I decided to find this place. It was basically a carry out/delivery type of place. I told them what I was after and they said you probably want this. Oh and you could add mushrooms and peppers too. I decided why mess with the sandwich, at least not yet so I ordered one with sautaed onions and that was all the extras. Next question was what kind of cheese?

OK, now I have a question that maybe someone can answer. What kind of cheese would a "true" cheesesteak have on it? Two of the choices were American or Provolone. That sounds OK. Now here is where I thought it got strange and I started to question this proprieters reputation. The third cheese was Cheese Whiz. That seems highly unlikely.

Anyway I ordered mine with Provolone and I must say that in the end I was not all that impressed. Either a Philly CHEESESTEAK is not all that great of a sandwhich or this place does not make very good ones. I will say, however, that the roll this was made on was heavenly. They claim to be made with what made the CHEESESTEAK famous, Amoroso's. I will say that I would never believed it but I would give that place a try again, not so much for the sammy but much more for that roll. Yummy.

Update 2: I am down to 600 386 pictures and sorting...
10 Comments:
Blogger S said...

Good morning, Barman!

April 16, 2008 10:56 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Morning Suzie.

April 16, 2008 12:09 PM  
Blogger lime said...

ok, first off cute zamboni pics. now onto the cheesesteak...


allow me to clearly state if a snadwich is billed as a PHILLY cheesesteak, it ain't real. There are only cheesesteaks and impostors. yo uwere duped by an impostor. in philly you can get them with the three cheeses you mentioned. come to philly, have the real deal cooked right in front of you and you'll know what i am talking about.

April 16, 2008 2:31 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Lime, I knew you could set me stright.

The thought has crossed me about going to philly before and a few other parts of PA. Call me weird, cause I am, but I really want to go to Punxsutawney. I know it is probably just a hole in the wall but that is OK.

That sounds like it would be something to plan for. You see, I have a very exciting life.

April 16, 2008 4:02 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Mmm...Cheez Whiz....

April 16, 2008 4:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My Philadelphia friend, Clair, claimed that Provolone was the only cheese to use. Of course, she has been mistaken about a lot of things.

April 16, 2008 4:42 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Hubby said Provolone should have been the right choice, and if it didnt taste togood then maybe they didnt make a good sandwich. He is kinda a philly cheesesteak nut so I listen to him about tthat. Thats why I read him your blog entry.

April 16, 2008 8:50 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign, something about Cheez Whiz just did not sound right to me either.

Nick I thought so to. I am sticking with Clair, at least for this one.

There you go GAB, it is confirmed. Now I was feeling a little run down so maybe it was me and my taster messed up but I do not think so. Well I will give them another try in May when I am in the Detroit area again but I just do not know.

April 16, 2008 8:55 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Did you buy a Zamboni, Barman?

Groundhog Day is a GREAT movie and I heart Cheez Whiz, though I haven't had it since I was a kid.

I may have to buy some now.

Ugh.

April 16, 2008 9:51 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I wanted to buy a Zamboni but it would not fit in the garage Strumpie. I actually rather liked the movie, cutzie as it was. As to Cheez Whiz, I enjoyed it but it seems like they would use real cheese is all.

Oh and Strumpet, don't do it. Resist the temptation.

April 16, 2008 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home