Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, May 09, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

It was a wonderful day
Lots of sunshine
Nice temperature
What a great day for a drive

That is until they came across you
You snuck onto the expressway
You raised your gun
pointing at each unsuspecting passer by
You take aim and pull your trigger
And ruin some unsuspecting driver
with an expensive ticket



I took a mini vacation over an extended weekend last weekend. Especially when I am on a long trip I use my cruise control. I set it at or just slightly above the speed limit and then just drive. That was I really do not need to worry about the police and speed traps. Thank goodness I did that.

I rarely see any police on the I-69 and I-65 in Indiana. Well they more than made up for it this time. They were everywhere. They hid in some of the most creative places. If I was not going the speed limit I would have been busted at least a couple of times. Not only where they everywhere in Indiana but I noticed the same in Kentucky and even Michigan. I think they are dealing with the tough times by writing more tickets.

My mini vacation was way to short. Usually it is 11 days, this time it was 4. Still I loved the chance to visit with my friends and to attend a Derby party. Well that and I brought a set of Cornhole boards and broke them in. I won the game I played but it was only because the other team was not doing to good either. I think we were trying to be in a battle for last place.

Well off to celebrate my Moms birthday and of course, Mothers Day. Have a wonderful weekend and, if your Mom is still on this earth don’t forget to tell her how much you appreciate her.

Labels:

14 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

sounds like it went well except for being abbreviated. glad you had a nice time and avoided the tickets.

May 09, 2008 8:31 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

I like your twist-a-licious 55, Barman!!!

I thought it was gonna get gory there for a second, I was all excited!

Have an awesome time with your momma. May you both have fun on her birthday and on Mom's day.

I have to call mine on Sunday. She's still in Florida and won't be back until around next Friday, so we'll have to celebrate around then sometime.

My brother's bday was yesterday. My other brother's in the 29th. Lots of May birthdays!!

xoxo

CORNHOLE!

May 09, 2008 9:08 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

very cool 55. those sneaky bastards! LOL i hate when they hide where you can't see him. you're right, they find some creative places to hide.

May 09, 2008 11:29 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

p.s. mine is up as well

May 09, 2008 11:30 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

I thought it was going to be a gory one, nice twist at the end. :)

May 09, 2008 1:14 PM  
Blogger smarmoofus said...

Whoa, I was thinking of snipers on the freeway (naturally, as that's what you intended)! I was traveling I-5 between Seattle and Vancouver in 2003 or so, and a section of highway was closed and traffic diverted because of a sniper.

I do the same thing with cruise control, and for the same reason! When I went looking to buy a new car a year and a half ago, I had to buy one with an upgrade package full of luxuries I didn't really need because it was the only way to get cruise control. Worth every penny! I've already spared myself hundreds in speeding fines, and hundreds more in increased insurance premiums.

-smarmoofus

May 09, 2008 2:47 PM  
Blogger snowelf said...

Woo! I wasn't expecting that Barman! Wow! Lots of twisty 55's this week!! :)
Hope you are well and stay out of range of those coppers! ;)

--snow

May 09, 2008 6:41 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Alls well, that ends well!
Nice to see you back Bryan...Ticket-less!
Thanks for playing, and have a great week-end!

May 09, 2008 6:56 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

That was excellent! My mind also went to sniper. You are good.

Have a great weekend!

May 09, 2008 9:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Damned radar guns!

May 10, 2008 6:25 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

That happened to me last month. I was about 10 over the limit when I came around the corner and there he was pointing his gun at me. He jumped in his car and I thought OH BOY Im in for it now. I looked back and yes there were the flashing lights coming at me fast so I pulled over and what do you know he went right past me and pulled over the driver in front of me. Either he got the two of s mixed up or he had that guy pinned first! Either way WHEW!

May 11, 2008 11:14 PM  
Blogger S said...

Four days is better than no days!
I was wondering where you got off to.

:)

May 17, 2008 11:09 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

just saw your photo on the g-man's blog...looks like you're doing pretty good w your weight loss. for some strange reason, the minute i stop trying i've been able to lose two pounds w/i a couple of weeks lol

May 18, 2008 10:45 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Hi. tehe

May 20, 2008 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home