Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, June 19, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

A hush fell over the audience
as the first note was played

The orchestra was great
but the featured pianist
was why we were here

Now the piano is silent
and it’s time to say our goodbyes
To Ruth B a concert pianist, mother and wife

Rest in piece and best wishes to your family



I miss my friends Mom but I thought I would add I am not all choked up about this. She lived a long life and I think she had a great life. Lately however things were not as nice and it was just her time. I feel for her husband and her family. This has got to be a very hard time on all. And it is even worse for her son, my friend, and not only did his mom just pass but his mother in law passed Mach 30 of this year. It has been a tough year.

Well I will be heading to the Detroit area for the funeral and spend the weekend there which is part of why I am posting this 55Flash Fiction Friday (which I bent all the rules this week) early. I might be on however as I intend to take my computer with me. I have some photos from a wedding almost a year ago I am trying to get in order so I can give it to my friends.

Have yourself a lovely weekend. Enjoy the last few days of spring (or fall if you are in the southern hemisphere) as summer (or winter) is just about upon us.

Labels:

8 Comments:
Blogger Pam said...

sorry to hear about your friend's mom...your 55 was a nice tribute.

June 19, 2008 10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well done, Bryan. Very sincere and touching words.

June 19, 2008 10:29 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

I love it Bryan. Its a very nice tribute.

June 19, 2008 10:34 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Don't think I was going to leave you out of my closest circle of friend! ;o)...I ran out of time this morning. I've been soooo freakin busy with work and so much going on right now. But I will be back. Miss you lots Bryan!

June 19, 2008 10:40 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Ciara, thank you so much. She was a great person and it makes me sad she is gone. It is a shame she was no longer able to play or teach.

Thank you Nick. It is something I really felt and that makes it easy to say. Maybe I am even learning a little from you.

Thank you GAB. Somehow having to come up with a 55 just kind of naturally headed that way.

Thank you Jillie, that was special. I hope things settle down for you soon. I miss seeing you bounce around... even if you are a Packers fan. 8^)

June 19, 2008 11:01 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Excellent job Bryan!!!
Thanks for the heads up on the 55.
Sorry about your friends mom.....

June 20, 2008 7:19 AM  
Blogger lime said...

may she rest in peace. i am glad you have such lovely memories. i wish comfort to her family as well.

June 20, 2008 11:57 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thanks G. The mass they did for her was lovely. I will be writing about it this week sometime.

Lime it was very hard on the family but things went well to. Thank you so much.

June 23, 2008 9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home