Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Rest in Peace

I have several people I would consider good friends but only two that I would consider best friends. They both live in Kentucky which is a goof thing because they are married to each other coming up on 28 years now. Well this has not been a great year for them. Fist about 3 months ago her Mom passed on. It is sad to see happen. I really liked both sides of their family and I their Mom pass. Everyone took it so well but you know what it does to one inside.

This morning I got another call, this time from Cincinnati. My friends were on their way up from Kentucky as his Mom has passed away in her sleep. Ruth was a fairly well know, very talented musician. Besides playing in many symphonies and teaching at Interlochen Center for the Arts during the summers, she also had many students. She was known and loved by many. She raised three children, one being my best friend. While music is not what he does for a living he has been inspired by it and it has helped shape his life. While his oldest son did not follow the music that seems to be in their blood, his two youngest did. His youngest is in UK now studying vocal and more. His middle child graduated from UK and is now vocal director at a near by high school. Her two daughters both were involved in music with one of them doctoring in it. Her husband and her three children all are involved in music both playing and other ways.

One of my favorite memories of her was when she was in a concert with her two daughters. There were three lovely pianos on stage and an orchestra. It was a wonderful night and meeting back stage afterwards was wonderful cause you see one daughter lived in New York and the other lived down south so they would so rarely get together. Most of the families were there and it was just a magical night.

Besides her wonderful talent, Ruth was always wonderful to me. One time she rented a Santa Suit and had me come over her house and play Santa to her grand child. I am not sure who had more fun, me, my godchild, or her. She has touched many lives. She will be missed. I just hope I can get the time off from work so I can see her one last time and be with my friends.Rest in peace Ruth.
6 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend's mother. may you both be comforted by happy memories.

June 16, 2008 7:33 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

While I am extremely sorry for your loss, I'm very happy you have such good memories of her --find some way to celebrate her life. :)

June 16, 2008 8:57 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I could ask nothing better of people then for them to recal hopefully the good times but also that bad times if they must when I pass. Thank you Lime.

Donna, I intend to dig up a few memories I have and share them with my friends. I hope they will find comfort in them.

June 16, 2008 12:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ruth sounds like someone who I really wish I had met. I believe you were very blessed in knowing her and the blessings continue in your memories of her.

Peace, my friend.

June 16, 2008 11:12 PM  
Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` Awww! I haven't had to endure many deaths, though my mom's cat died while it was in the Bahamas with her. She stuffed the cat in a bag and dropped it over the side of the boat.

June 17, 2008 11:31 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Spoony????

Anyway, what a wonderful post Bryan. She sounded like a very cool person...Think about a 55 for Friday OK?

June 19, 2008 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home