Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, July 14, 2008

What I did on my summer vacation

I was invited to a cottage the end of last week. I took them up on it. It was lovely there and the boat ride spectacular. I had no idea the lake was a huge as it is. So here is a picture of some of the fun to be had at Gun Lake.

Splish splash I was taking a bath...


On 4th of July I went to see the Wyandottee Parade.

I just always get a kick out of this parade float. Who would have thought this was a Shriner float?

Wyandottee 4th of July parade


Growing up in the Detroit/Windsor area this always has special meaning to me.

Wyandottee 4th of July parade


Cute car.

Wyandottee 4th of July parade


I don't know about you but I am getting sick of all the politics that are are going on. This parade seemed stuffed with politicians or politician wannabes. I think we need to charge them to be in the parade just like they need to pay for ad tie on TV. What do you think?

Wyandottee 4th of July parade


Wyandottee 4th of July parade


Later in the evening I went to see a concert.

Clarinet at the ready, poised for action


The concert was followed by fireworks but these are picture of the fireworks in my neck of the woods from the night before.

Mid Michigan Fireworks


Mid Michigan Fireworks


Mid Michigan Fireworks


Mid Michigan Fireworks

Well other than that there was catching up on work at home like cleaning the house, cutting the grass, getting my license plates (I was late but did not get fined, yea) and other equally fun stuff. Oh and playing with new software and taking a few (read that is hundreds of) pictures here and there. Sorry I have been more or less missing over the last little bit. Time to get back to work.

Have a wonderful week.
15 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

i get so tired of parades with a dozen different politicians marching in them. makes me wanna scream. this year our memorial day parade finally limited them to i think one car for each party. however, for the first time there were about 6 different churches who had floats and were handing out literature. i have a strong faith but i found that a little distasteful too.

those pictures are terrific. if those are examples of following the directions you provided for good fireworks shots i would say it worked very well!

July 14, 2008 1:33 PM  
Blogger ell said...

barman, your fireworks pix are spectacular!!! all that research you did certainly paid off. honestly, i've never seen better.

ell

July 14, 2008 2:49 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Lime they limited them? Yes, a step in the right direction. You know I noticed the same thing going on here just not as many churches.

They also were trying to get signatures for ballot proposals. Luckily I live no where near the area I watched the parade and I was able to chase them away. They were breaking the law the way they were distributing them anyway and there is NO WAY I would have signed it anyway. As a matter of fact I would love to be part of the group of people that invalidate signatures for that ballot. It is not that I do not want the initiative to make the ballot, it just is I do not like people that knowingly break the law like that. And the way they were presenting the initiative is a crime. Telling you a small sliver of what the proposal is about and not telling you that they intend to make a major rewrite of the State constitution. The main circulators should be locked up. Sorry that just kind of makes my blood boil a little.

Ell, thank you so much. Yep that was the result of most of the research and a little adjustments. What you do not see is that a lot of shots were either boring, tha camera was bumped, or mostly the picture was not in frame correctly. So yes I have 20 to 30 percent that turned out very nice but I have much more that are not my best effort for sure. Still it is worth it.

July 14, 2008 6:06 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

The tubing looks like uber fun! I love it!

Your fireworks pictures are truly amazing. You really have a talent. Your camera makes me jealous :P

July 14, 2008 6:42 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you so much Sign. The kids were the only ones that went tubing but they had a blast.

Thank you, now I am blushing. I have learned a lot but have so much more to learn. Oh and a little secret, the tubing picture was taken with my new point and shoot camera. That and a little cropping I believe, bingo. You do just wonderful yourself, trust me.

July 14, 2008 7:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It appears that you’ve been having lots of fun, Bryan! That’s grand! And the photos are also grand. Thanks for sharing.

July 14, 2008 8:11 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Nick. Yep, that was the most fun I have had in a while. Your welcome. Glad you liked the pictures.

July 15, 2008 4:18 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

I want to ride those tubes.

I love fireworks.

I think they can be so romantic.

July 15, 2008 6:55 AM  
Blogger barman said...

KJ, I am sure you would have had a blast, the kids surely did.

So have you ever seen Thunder over Louisville? You have to make your way to Louisville (I know you know the way when it comes to shopping and nightlife) a couple of weeks before the Kentucky Derby (first Saturday in May but you probably knew that) and see the fireworks then. Thunder is the best fireworks I have ever seen, EVER.

Me romantic ... you mean putting on a clean shirt before going out? Then I guess so. :)

July 15, 2008 7:03 AM  
Blogger S said...

Hi Bryan!
Very nice shots. Hope you are well, and dont work TOO hard!

July 16, 2008 11:56 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

WOW!!!!
Awesome fireworks pics Bryan!!!
Great Job...BTW, Where is Gun Lake?

July 16, 2008 7:50 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

So that's where you were. Glad to hear everything went well and you had a good time.

July 17, 2008 10:15 AM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Looks like you had great fun, been away for a while so I'm catching up on what you have all been up to whilst I was elsewhere. Its so nice to see that your doing good. Now don't go working to hard.

July 17, 2008 1:45 PM  
Blogger Anonymouse said...

OMG! Those pics are AWESOME! You rock!

July 27, 2008 7:53 AM  
Blogger ohc said...

Gee, Bryan! That looks like a great time! Happy 4th...a bit belated.

August 03, 2008 10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home