Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, July 18, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

You have been stalking
this person forever
They hold all your attention

You notice every little detail
of what they are doing
Hoping somehow for an edge

You are all poised to strike
but still you get closer
hunker down and finally
Make You Move
as you pounce

Ah the life of a playful kitten

Wow it has been a while since I did one of those. These 55 flash fiction Fridays are fun. If you would like to try your hand at it they are simple. Just come up with a simple little story with somewhat a plot and at least one character in 55 words ish. That is it. Some people are so darn cleaver with these. Some love to have the final little gotcha at the end. Over all it is a fun little exercise.


I tried it, yes I did. I made a batch of Michelle's (Lime) grammy's German Potato Salad. You can find the recipe here on her blog. I tell you it is yummy but I made a few mistakes. I shall have to try this again.

First when I added the eggs to the bacon grease I was not stirring and I ended up with egg bits in the recipe. I hardly noticed but that simply will not do. Second I did not boil down the dressing far enough. I think a little more reducing would have made things much better. It would have been a little less runny and just a little more flavorful. Don't get me wrong, I love this recipe and will do it again. I followed most everything but used green peppers instead of celery. Next attempt it will be celery as Michelle called for. Other than that I cooked the bacon properly, made the roux, used the proper vinegar, left the skins on the red potato's... in short Michelle (and grammy) would have been proud. Thank you Michelle.

Labels:

9 Comments:
Blogger Pam said...

awww cute 55! mine is up as well.

July 18, 2008 11:09 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

That was a great 55! You need a little kitten.

I so want to try that potato salad but I'm too lazy to make it.

Have a great one, Bryan!

July 18, 2008 1:38 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

I love little kittens prancing around. I am fascinated by the pitch of their mewing & I cannot reach that however much I try to squeak!

July 18, 2008 1:59 PM  
Blogger S said...

Looking down at my scratched up hands, arms and ankles, I'd have to say I can relate to that 55 well!

Have a lovely weekend, Bryan!

July 18, 2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Bryan...
Thanks for the very suspensful 55!
Hehehe...just kidding.
Thanks for playing, and thanks for the heads up...Have a great week-end...G

July 18, 2008 10:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, Bryan, that sounds just like Alex and he’s not a kitten any more.

You may have noticed that my blog has been inaccessible for 3 days now. I’ve reported it to blogger 7 times in 3 different ways: no response or action from Blogger thus far. There is at least one other blogger receiving the same error code, which I can’t find a definition for, even though I’ve searched blogger and the net.

If you would be willing to help by adding to the number of folks reporting the problem to Blogger, email me and I’ll send you the reporting details. OK?

July 19, 2008 10:22 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Purrr-fect, hope to start 55s next week.

July 20, 2008 12:51 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

*waves*

July 24, 2008 6:54 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

AH yes...those kitties! LOL...that is such a great 55 Bryan. Hope all is well with you. Can you believe it's flying by? I know, I've been a slacker lately but I will get back into the groove.

;o)

July 25, 2008 12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home