Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, July 25, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

You usually take a moment
letting people know they're appreciate
But some how today
You just don't have it in you.

Then a miracle occurs.
Someone tells you
How much difference you made
And you're flying on cloud nine.

Life is good when you do unto others
As you would have them do unto you.

Ok so I am breaking the rules but I just had to do this. I had two things happen in the past week that really was nice. First I put together some CDs for a handful of people. It took a bit of work and a little money but I got it out to people. This past week I had this person email me and say how professional everything looked and they really appreciated the keepsake I put together for them. Wow, talk about a nice feeling inside.

Then this past few days I left a comment for someone about a picture they had taken. I went out of my way for this person because I knew they were a kid. I thought they would appreciate it. You know what, they REALLY APPREACIATED IT! His Dad ended up saying something at one point. It is tiny little moments like that that really make things worth while. Somehow the 55 just needed to head in that direction.

Over the weekend I will be posting some pictures I took at SignGurl's awesome park she shared with me. I am stoked. I see I am going to have to spend a lot more time there. Well I will as long as I bring a case of off or something. You will see why later.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.







Labels:

10 Comments:
Blogger G-Man said...

Bryan...
What a Great and meaningful 55!!!
Sometimes a simple Thanks and a pat on the back, is all the reward anyone needs. Thanks for playing, and have a Rockin Week-End!
Galen

July 25, 2008 10:26 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

What an absolutely wonderful 55 Bryan. Indeed you speak a Universal Truth! Well played indeed!!

July 26, 2008 1:41 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

It's so nice to be appreciated!! I know how great you must be feeling.

I'm beside myself waiting to see your pictures of "my" park (I wish it was mine, lol). Every day I see things that I know you would take wonderful pictures of. I think it would be awesome to take pictures of people there as well. I can't wait to see what you've come up with.

Have a great weekend!

July 26, 2008 11:10 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

great 55, barman! it's nice to feel appreciated. i'm impressed with the young man, too. a lot of the youth don't appreciate things..think the world owes them everything. i'm glad to see at least some of them aren't like that.

my 55 is up, too, on the ramblings and whatnot blog. have a great weekend.

July 26, 2008 2:57 PM  
Blogger lime said...

that's terrific. not that you do something just to be appreciated but it sure is nice when someone does recognize your effort. glad you got that bonus. and i loved your stalker kitten 55. too cute.

July 26, 2008 10:51 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So true, Bryan! So very true!

July 27, 2008 10:44 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

What a meaningful 55, its good to remember to thank folks who have taken time out for you.
You seem to do this so much barman, I'm glad they remembered to thank you.

July 27, 2008 10:45 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Hope you had a great weekend!!!

July 28, 2008 12:48 PM  
Blogger Brighton said...

Very cool when that happens!

July 30, 2008 7:51 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Hellllloooooo Bryan!!! Yes the earth was a shaking just a bit. I felt it at work. The building swayed just a bit. It's a funny feeling. Glad I wasn't up in the LA area...whoooo!

July 30, 2008 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home