Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, August 10, 2008

When it Comes to Summer Olympics...

I know I am a pig and here is why. I don’t watch tons of the Olympics but I do have my favorites none the less. My favorite summer Olympics sport is Woman’s Beach Volleyball. See, I told you! Other then the obvious, they look fantastic in their uniform, I also love volleyball and find this 2 on 2 volleyball amazing. I could not even imagine the energy it takes to do what they do. They are incredible athletes for sure.

OK, other than that sport I also enjoy gymnastics, go figure. It is amazing to see what the men and women can do. Sometimes graceful, sometimes in total control making something look so easy even when you know they are not.

I also enjoy track and field although I do not catch a lot of it. Saturday as I took a few breaks from trying to get my landscape under control, I managed to take in some of the swimming events. Again absolutely incredible. The energy and the strategy is amazing. And when you notice that the difference between first and third is usually under 2 seconds, sometimes under a second you can not afford to do anything that even only loses a fraction of a second.

I am so proud of all of the athletes. Speaking of all, I so actually mean all, even those from other countries. I find that if there is someone from the United States I will pull for them. But when I see another country putting in an incredible performance I can not help but get all behind them and all excited to see them win. I am very impressed with how China has been performing. Talk about dominating mens gymnastics.

Now I may watch other events too but there is one strange one that I really enjoy. Well at least you would think it strange. I love the equestrian events. Well all except the dressage. I can only take so much of that before I just need to turn the channel. Other than that however I really enjoy the sport.

Well that is how I spent my Saturday and probably how I will spend my Sunday. What can I say, I let my landscape really go this year and I am trying to get the yard back into shape. I am close to getting the edging done, weeding should get done tomorrow if the picker bushes leave me alone. Cut the lawn and weed and feed it. Yep, busy Sunday but it will feel good. Got to take advantage of the good weather when you can.

I hope you are having a nice weekend.
1 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...

It wasn't until today that I realized that I could watch the games on the USA channel as well as NBC. Now I must ration my Olympic watching or give up all thoughts of sleep.

August 10, 2008 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home