Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, August 22, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

So, did you get the text message?
Are you Obama’s choice for VP?

Please, we look like a joke already
and now this?
And McCain isn’t off the hook either.


I say time to settle this. Dueling pistol’s at 50 paces.
The survivor is jailed for bumping off
their opponent


Signed, Ross Perot for President


Just when I think I have seen it all, the stupid campaign for our next president gets more bazaar or just plain old silly. Come on, we have been campaigning for over 2 years and spent millions and millions of dollars and the best we can come up with is McCain and Obama? I am so sick of this entire mess.

Hey, I have an idea. How about Galen for President. Now that I could get behind.




I love following politics usually. It is sad but it is this huge chess game. Politicians promise things that there is no way they could deliver and yet people eat it up. One moment they say something and as soon as it servers them, they promise the opposite. The truth is all that they care about is furthering their party and their own career. If it so happens that it is good for the people too, BONUS.

I think we need to limit the amount of money and time spent on campaigning to something reasonable like 6 weeks campaigning and for heaven sakes cap that financing for the campaigns. Anyway sorry, I just find the need to vent from time to time.

Well this weekend should see the end of my weeds, getting ready for camping next weekend and maybe the Michigan Renaissance festival. The acts are fun but the people watching is even better. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

Labels:

13 Comments:
Blogger Mojo said...

I voted for Perot back in '92. thought he had some good ideas -- and he didn't mind telling it like it was. Honestly, I wouldn't want the job of cleaning up the wreckage in Washington right now. I'm not sure anybody's equal to that task -- not in 4 years anyway.

My newest installment is submitted for your approval.
Have a great weekend!
- Mojo

August 22, 2008 9:35 AM  
Blogger Mona said...

HEHEHEHE!

For Galen For President, i am ready to change my citizenship! :D :D

Great 55ve Bryan! Indeed they will keep dueling and the Dog will run away with the bone!

August 22, 2008 9:37 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Galen for Prez! I think we could all get on board with that!

Have a great weekend, Bryan.

August 22, 2008 9:37 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

ha ha galen for prez! hell yeah! cept he'll have to go w/o seeing my nasty feet hehehe

great 55, bryan :)

August 22, 2008 6:06 PM  
Blogger lime said...

i'm voting for pat paulsen...even though he is dead.

August 22, 2008 8:20 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

LIME!!!!!!
You are voting for a DEAD GUY over me?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But back to Bryan...
Hey Son...This just might be your very best 55 yet!!!!!
You can be my Secretary of Internet!
Thanks for playing and have a Great Week-End!...G

August 22, 2008 8:42 PM  
Blogger tsduff said...

Hey - I'm voting for Galen all the way... don't you know that Biker's Understand? Get with it man...!!

August 23, 2008 1:56 AM  
Blogger smarmoofus said...

*votes for Galen*

I love the idea of limiting campaigning and campaign expenditures! Imagine what we could accomplish if all the money spent on elections was instead spent on helping those less fortunate. Or put it into developing alternative fuels to get us off our oil dependence. Or anything useful at all! Really!

-smarmoofus

August 23, 2008 4:25 AM  
Blogger Akelamalu said...

If I had a vote over there I'd definitely vote for Galen!

Great 55!

August 23, 2008 6:24 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Ummm, no mention about PARIS HILTON! C'mon buddy! ;)

Perot would be terrific!!! I agree!

I hope you're doing well! Just came by to say hello!!!

August 23, 2008 4:12 PM  
Blogger Roxi said...

Being a far left liberal democrat..

And from the great state of Arizona..

wanna know who I am voting for?

F this shit.

August 23, 2008 10:41 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Hope you had a good weekend

August 25, 2008 6:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very creative, Bryan! I'm smiling!

August 25, 2008 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home