Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, August 11, 2008

Mr Grumpy Buckets

Oh what a fun weekend. I spent part of it dealing with a headache that would not go away. I think it was because of the big change in weather in Michigan. We dropped about 15 degrees over the last several days. That led to me playing on the computer a little but mostly watching a bot of the Olympics.

Might I say, I think I am rapidly having my share of the Olympics. I am curious to see how Phelps does on his quest for 8 Olympic Gold medals this year. I am a little bit turned off on the scoring on the gymnastics events. It is obvious the judges are not judging even and fair. Hey, maybe I can find some of the equestrian events ...

I did manage to get most of the weeding done but I do need to bag all of it. The edging is done up front and the grass is cut. Given another day or two and the property will be all spiffed back up. Any suggestions for perennials that I can plant that love well drained sandy soil and at least partial shade? I suspect I will be planting some of those lovely orange lilies as long as they get along with iris’s alright. Ah and shrubs. There is a 40 percent off sale. Time to go shrub hunting. Soon it may even look like someone lives here.

Well that was my mini update. Not a lot of words but a fair amount of work happened behind the scenes. It’s about time.

I hope you have a much more fun weekend than I did.
2 Comments:
Blogger lime said...

man, we got that same weather front moving in yesterday and i've been headachy since then too. ugh.

August 11, 2008 2:37 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Headaches are the pits but I am just glad it was not a migraine. I am not sure I could survive one of those.

August 12, 2008 6:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home