Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Romantic Poems

I am afraid I am going to be to busy to post anything before Friday so I thought I will post something I got in email...



Are these romantic or what?
These are entries to a competition asking for a rhyme with the most
romantic first line but least romantic second line:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Love may be beautiful, love may be bliss,
But I only slept with you because I was pissed.

I thought that I could love no other
Until, that is, I met your brother.

Roses are red, violets are blue, sugar is sweet, and so are you.
But the roses are wilting, the violets are dead, the sugar bowl's empty, and so is your head.

Of loving beauty you float with grace
If only you could hide your face.

Kind, intelligent, loving and hot
This describes everything you are not.

I want to feel your sweet embrace
But don't take that paper bag off of your face.

I love your smile, your face, your eyes -
Damn, I'm good at telling lies!

My darling, my lover, my beautiful wife:
Marrying you screwed up my life.

I see your face when I am dreaming
That's why I always wake up screaming.

My lover, you take my breath away
What have you stepped in to smell this way?

My feeling for you no words can tell
Except for maybe "go to hell."

What inspired this amorous rhyme?
Two parts vodka, one part lime
7 Comments:
Blogger S said...

Ok now that is hilarious and I do believe I am el primero persona!

August 21, 2008 4:37 PM  
Blogger S said...

Ok now, that is truly hilarious.
I love my hubby, but I could write an entire poem about his crimes in bed alone.
I will list some:
Major Snoring
Blanket Stealing
Bed Hogging
Pillow Stealing
Elbow jabbing
Slamming heavy arm over my body in loving embrace which about knocks the wind outa me!

Sometimes I sleep on the couch!



LOL
Thank you for the laughs!

August 21, 2008 4:40 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Susie, at least you did not list, what was it ... dutch oven? Where they pass gass then toss the blanket over your head. It does sound challanging to get any sleep at all.

I kind of liked them too. I hope I never say anything near as bad.

August 21, 2008 4:49 PM  
Blogger lime said...

so part of me inspired all this huh? ok, putting the bag over my head and slinking off in shame. :P ;)

August 21, 2008 6:08 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Lime you inspire me always but only in a good way, honest.

August 21, 2008 10:45 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Hehe! These are great!

August 22, 2008 2:21 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

Aw, so romantic.

Have a fantastic weekend

August 22, 2008 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home