Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tim Barron is Back - 2008

OK, let me explain but I will keep it short. Do you have a radio station or even an on air personality you listen to all the time? Well for me that person would be Tim Barron. He runs a morning show and he is not for everyone. A matter of fact most people could care less about him. Still others think he is a jerk but he does have his following too.

Some people just want to hear music when they tune in on the radio. I admit most of the time I am right there with you, but the morning to me is a different time, a special time. During this time I like to have something that eases me into the day. News is a must. Of course I also like to get a little more than just news and weather. For one thing what is going on in our local community. Also, I have gotten very used to hearing some of the news stories that do not always make the news. Toss in traffic information, get some of the listeners involved, maybe even toss in some contests but those are not important to me. Oh and have some music in there too but to me the emphasis is more on the news and the personality. Sorry, I got hooked on this type of format back when I lived in the Detroit area and was so glad to find something similar here where I am now.

For over 10 years I have been listing to Mr Barron’s morning show on three separate stations, soon to be four. I am excited to hear he is coming soon to the air waves of 92.1.

Let me end this boring post (to most) by saying yea, the headache went away. And now here is a miniature collage I was working on yesterday. It sure could use some work but it was a fun first attempt. I hope you enjoy.

Fly High

Labels:

7 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

I had that same headache for 3 days. It had to be the weather.

Mr. Sign worked in radio for a few years, including with Mr. Barron. He's an ok guy, but very full of himself. He basically got too big for his britches when they originally canned him. He was making way too much money. Some said in excess of $250,000! That's a lot of money for 4 hours of work a day.

Your collage is most excellent!

August 12, 2008 8:02 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Wow, that much money... incredible. This area sure can not support that for sure. And yes I have heard he is full of himself and many say a jerk so you know there has to be a bit of truth to that for sure. I have seen him a little at bars like 10 years ago and he just kind of sat in his own little crowd and pounded back the drinks. I never got close enough to make a judgment for myself. Oh well, I still enjoy the show he puts together.

I am glad your headache went away. Mine was no fun at all. Not terrible but enough to just cloud everything.

Thank you about the collage.

August 12, 2008 8:26 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That’s a neat collage, Bryan. OK, I shall tune my ear to Tim Barron and explore.

August 12, 2008 3:11 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

BAR, Tim used to drink in that non-Irish bar (that thought it was) where we used to go. He was known as 'Fred'. He also enjoyed the pizza bar on the south end of Lansing where I lived before leaving town.

He was popular. Very quiet when not on the radio. If he made that much money, I'd be surprised, but good luck to him. He worked hard and was controversial. Radio is a tough business to make a living in. If he brings in the listeners, for whatever reason, he is doing his job.

Sorry Signgirl, but 4 hours of on-air time equates to a lot more time than most of our jobs. The on-air time is only a fraction of the work required. Think of a teacher or a performer doing that much new stuff each day. I used to sing on stage 2 hours a week and spent 16 hours preparing.

I also did five years on live, (half-hour show every Sunday), radio for NPR and made zip.

Good post BAR. Thanks for the memory of Tim 'Fred' Barron. I don't care for the chap but admire his work ethic.

John

August 12, 2008 11:11 PM  
Blogger chica40208 said...

thanks for shareing i like your blog alot!

August 14, 2008 7:42 AM  
Blogger James Eddy said...

Hey, it's good to see someone else following Tim Barron. I was in High-School with him from about 10th grade on. We had some humorous mis-adventures and since he's moved all over the country I was sure glad to catch back up to him only the last couple of years. I'm in Virginia, but the last radio gig he had, was webcast as well and I got ready for work many a morning listening to him. I'll be sure to check out the new show whenever it hits the air.
Thanks

October 01, 2008 9:08 PM  
Blogger barman said...

James he has been on for over a month now. You can check out the website at http://www.wqtx.net/. They or working out the details but should be streaming over the Internet soon. They had expected to be on the Internet already but they still say it is coming.

In the mean time he is on the air Mondays through Fridays, 6:00 am to 9:00 am Eastern Time. The phone line is 517 363 2921 or via email at tim at wqtx dot net. Sorry, I did not want to post an email address in the clear. I hope it makes sense what I just said.

I am liking the show. He keeps it local and that is just what I want.

October 01, 2008 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home