Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, August 29, 2008

55Flash Fiction Friday

It was an unremarkable
warm summer day

like yesterday
or the day before

But today was my last day

Normally you are so careful
but today you were distracted
A distraction which lead
to my untimely demise


Crayons (and pets and kids)
should never
be left in a car
in the hot heat of summer




I thought this might a little fun. I do not know if you have ever last a crayon or CD/DVD or any number of other things because you left it on the dash of a car, only to have the sun melt it. Now do not get me wrong, the smell of crayon, even melted crayon is wonderful but still, not something you want to do.

But of course even worse is the moronic people that make the news every now and again. The people that leave their children, especially babies, and their pets in a car in the summer. I mean it is bad enough leaving them in a car period but in the summer, so many times it turns out very, very wrong.

Now Susie is the whole reason I went in this direction to begin with. She posted about the new, 96 count Crayola crayon set she got. She pointed out Mac and Cheese is one of the colors. Well, I looked around and found out one of the colors was Electric Lime. I thought it was appropriate to mention this color because not only was it a fun color and it so fit in with what Susie was saying, but it also mentioned “Lime”, one of my favorite bloggers.

The week went on and Susie mentioned the crayons some more including a response from Crayola about which set of crayons contained Electric Lime. It turns out the 96 pack does not contain the crayon but the 120 count pack does.

Well yesterday as I was shopping I found... are you ready for it... a 150 count pack. I looked at the package and could see the Electric Lime crayon in the package although I could not read it’s label. I so had to make this set, the last one they had, my set of crayons.

So now I have a new set of crayons. They not only have the 120 set of crayons but they also have a set of glitter and metallic crayon colors as well. And now, here at last is one of my new crayons. Let me introduce, Electric Lime.

Electric Lime

Labels:

12 Comments:
Blogger Akelamalu said...

OMG I've had all sorts melted in the car - lipstick, chocolate and yes even crayons. Thanks for the reminder and in 55 words to boot!

Mine's up too.

August 29, 2008 8:47 AM  
Blogger Mojo said...

You touched on one of my favorite rants with this one. People who leave pets and children in their cars -- especially during the summer. And yes, that does extend to the police K-9 handler that left his partner in his patrol vehicle for 13 hours. He of all people should have known better.

Thanks for posting this. The crayon story was fun, but the afterword can't be reinforced enough.

August 29, 2008 9:13 AM  
Blogger S said...

Oh Bryan you had to go and get the 150 pack, didnt you?

We dont even have that size of crayon sets here. I live in the boonies you know.

We could have an online coloring contest or something! :P

August 29, 2008 11:10 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

what HASN'T melted in the car? lol great 55. the stupidity of people leaving dogs, children, or the elderly in the car while it's so hot, is unbelievable.

i love the pic of your electric lime crayon :)

August 29, 2008 11:13 AM  
Blogger S said...

:O :O :O

You got the telescoping round pack? I am electric lime with envy.

Bryan, she dumped out all of the crayons on the floor and divided them up by color...you could divide your roundy thing like a pizza and put the color families in little wedge shaped sections....

Hee hee

August 29, 2008 12:09 PM  
Blogger lime said...

woowhoo! ain't that a purdy crayon!

i love it. i may need to buy me a big ole pack of crayons now.

August 29, 2008 2:02 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

LOL! The crayon melted! That was so sad!

BRYAN! YOU FOUND ELECTRIC LIME!

BRAVO! CONGRATULATIONS!

August 29, 2008 2:08 PM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

I got some lima electrico right here for you, Bardude.

Wanna see it?

Guess what I played this weekend?

Have you guessed?

...

I'll give you a hint.

It was at my mom's barbecue.

I'll give you another hint.

I lost.

Barman,

I played my first game of Cornhole on Saturday.

I sucked.

But, I had so much fun because I thought of you the whole time.

Cornhole!

August 29, 2008 6:46 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Lima Electrico...?
How True!!!!
Great 55 Bryan, thanks for playing, and have a Great Week-End!

August 29, 2008 10:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I must get a big box of crayons so I can play with the new colors!

September 01, 2008 1:14 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

hope you had a great long weekend

September 02, 2008 7:51 AM  
Blogger buffalodick said...

My kid defined race in a new way.. we said "I'm white, they're black.. My son said, "They're Mocha, we're Peach colored.." Out of the mouths of babes.. He proved it with a box of Crayolas... Which my Airedale ate later- but that's another post! M Go Blue!

September 02, 2008 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home