Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign (Again)

Have you been noticing these signs popping up all over the place? They are littering land as far as the eye can see. Just driving down a road one day and going past the very same road the next day you see yet another new sign. I really dislike these signs. I just wish they would go away. So what am I talking about?

I am not talking about the political signs although I do not like them either. What I am talking about are the house signs. Some of them are for sale signs. Some of them are action signs. At one point there were 9 signs on the short distance I drive through a subdivision. Now there are much more as people continue to struggle to make ends meet. They are having to deal with declining property value, balloon mortgages, the inability to get a new mortgage due to the credit crunch, the loss of jobs, the tiny or non existent raises while bills continue to rise. I just noticed that one block I pass in particular, a fairly short block too, there are 2 for sale signs and two auction signs. There were more action signs but the auctions must have already happened.

Michigan is being hit much harder than any other state but I know it is no piece of cake no matter where you live. It just is amazing to get these little reality checks from time to time. I mean I know times are bad. I get small raises if I get one at all. I also have bills going up. Last year my job was real threatened, luckily this year has not been that bad but one never knows. Something needs to be done to get things turned around in the right direction and I am afraid neither candidate for President is capable of doing this on their own. They will need to be able to bring Congress along with them to get the job done. And if we do not get our act under control we will continue to seriously impact the world markets just like Japan did several years back.

Hey, I have an idea. I am going to collect the signs I see and maybe, just maybe I can use it for warmth over the winter as I burn them.

On the bright side of things, I am moving forward on the landscaping project. Tomorrow I get to see if I can order some supplies for the weekend. I will be a busy little puppy but it will feel good in the end.
7 Comments:
Blogger bookbinder said...

Since all the car manufacturers are doing so poorly, I'm not surprised the economy is bad in MI. Hope it works out for you in the long run.

September 24, 2008 4:32 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

We have actually dropped down to one sign here in our neighborhood

September 24, 2008 8:16 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Bookbinder, automotive for sure and all of manufacturing. It has not been pretty for sure.

Gab, I hope that means things are getting better.

September 25, 2008 7:08 AM  
Blogger lime said...

oh i think i must live in the billboard capital of PA...take em down already so i can see the trees!

September 25, 2008 9:08 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bryan, those are certainly “signs of the times.” And as I read them, they ain’t good signs!

September 25, 2008 4:37 PM  
Blogger KJ said...

Hope you get a chance to relax a little this weekend!!!

September 26, 2008 6:37 AM  
Blogger chica40208 said...

i hate those signs!

September 26, 2008 8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home