Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Flag Day

Today, June 14, is Flag day in the United States of America. It is kind of a unique litle situation. Others such as our neighbor to the north have a love for their country but yet they choose not to show this off in celebrations and other flashy ways the we do here. Well let me share a couple of pictures and two links.

This link is to a wounderful WEB site that talks of the history of Flag Day.

This link is to a WEB site that has hosted the famous Red Skelton words he once spoke on his telivision show. It was wounderful the first time I heard it and I still love it to this day. If you have the time you may wish to have a listen. NOTE: That site went away. I guess all the tons and tons of visitors I sent their way was to much for them *grin*. The link above has been changed to a shriners clown WEB site. Look part way down the page for a waving flag and click it to hear the Red Skelton flag performance.

GOD BLESS AMERICA


I figured I would add one more picture. I do not know what the camera decided to focus on but I am not puting that back on just to take another picture. This is what I wore to work today. It seemed appropriate.

11 Comments:
Blogger wmy said...

Hey there darlin...love the pics!! I ahve missed ya...but, now I am back...back with a vengeance!! LOL Have a great day!

June 14, 2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Wmy, you are back ... yea. I stopped in to see how you were doing. Glad to see you back.

Denny, thank you. What can I say, I have a thing for our flag and our country. By the way, I borrowed your suggestion for Manny. It seemed to fit here too. Thanks.

June 14, 2006 7:57 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Love the tie! That rocks!

Is that the back of your hous? It's nice!

June 14, 2006 8:19 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Hi SG. I wish that was the back. It is the front. I have an ugly looking house. I need an extreme make over!

Thank you about the tie.

June 14, 2006 8:21 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Great post sweetie.

I like the tie. I have a thing for men's ties.

btw, you commented below my current post again.

It might just be bad timing. LOL

June 14, 2006 8:30 PM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

Barman if i send you the Australian flag will you wear it as a skirt? please? please?

June 14, 2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Manny, I am kind of partial to that tie too. I do not know why my browser does not let me see you new posts right away. Oh well.

JJ, I love the new you. That pict is so interesting. As to the skirt, I suppose I could so that and pretend it was a kilt. No peaking underneath. I am not sure that I could wear that skirt ouside however. Some things no one wants to see, trust me.

June 14, 2006 9:33 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Great post. I tried the Red Skelton link but it doesn't work.

June 14, 2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger barman said...

That site stopped working. I changed the link. Thanks Tony.

June 14, 2006 10:56 PM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

June 16, 2006 12:40 AM  
Blogger John C. Goacher said...

(That last comment was me because of a spelling error - her it is again):

In the UK, we don't fly the flag unless it is a specific state occasion. The flag is considered too precious and revered to be flown whenever someone feels like it. Most households do not own a UK flag.

I have often been bedwildered by the American habit of equating displaying the flag with patriotism. Nothing wrong with showing a bit of national pride, as long as it is held in perspective. Some people think hoisting the flag is enough, and then don't consider what it is to be an American the rest of the year.

June 16, 2006 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home