Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, March 05, 2007

Niece Weekend

Wow, wasn’t that a weekend? I will try and keep from going on and on like usual.

Lets see, I ended up going down to the Detroit area Saturday morning returning on Sunday evening. I saw several basketball games and celebrated my Sisters birthday ... THE END.

OK, maybe that is a little to condensed.

My nieces first game was actually their third game. They had won to games last weekend to qualify for the semi finals. They were playing a very dirt team and the rat bastards that were calling their game referees were obviously payed off by the other team, they just had to be. I mean the calls were very one sided.

Our main points scorer was off her game something terrible although she still scored the most points for the day. She hit her first basket and the was the last time we saw the lead throughout almost the entire game. We came down to seconds left on the clock and they were losing 13 to 12. Yes this is a very low scoring game. They were matching up pretty well with out team playing the other team and the referees. If only our first string could hit the basket or, more importantly rebound something, ANYTHING.

The ball was in position for a win on our part but we could not sink a basket for anything. I had my eye buried in my camera viewfinder so I saw the ball go up and heard the buzzer sound and then it happened. I heard the old familiar sound of a basketball swishing the net and our team won 14 to 13. Not that I would know because missed seeing it looking through the view finder.

Day two brought our rivals that we had won several times this year but they have always been the competition. They play a hard dirty game. Nothing changed there but this time our first string were was on. The final score does not reveal it but this was a nail biter throughout. In the end we pulled off a victory 28 to 24 and took fist place.

I also was able to see my niece cheer for the sixth grade basketball team. They did pretty good and so did the boys as they won their game against the same school that my nieces team had won against earlier. I was very proud of my niece this weekend.

We managed to celebrate my Sisters birthday in there somewhere and that was nice. We made pizza for the first time in years and you know what, I will take one of the pizza’s we make over a store bought one any day of the week. There were no left overs that day. We did a little activity and jabber jawed a little played a game called Apples to Apples. OK, I love this game now. I think I need to go out and buy the game.

Over the weekend I was burning up my camera. I have never taken so many pictures in ... well ever. Lets just say that if I were taking film pictures I would have spent over $350 in film, processing and printing and would have changed out almost 50 rolls of 36 exposure film. Yikes once again I got a bit carried away. I have seen two thirds of the pictures and most turned out well. Two pictures in the cheerleading series I absolutely love. Many more I think are sharp. The first set I was not paying attention to but was looking for a certain situation. Still I can see I am improving at shooting basketball.

Surprise, I could not figure out why the camera did not seem to be focusing properly and yet the pictures where turning out. Turns out that there is an adjustment called the diopter adjustment to adjust the camera view finder to your eye and I guess I must have been playing with it. That explains so much. It has been like that for a while. I am so glad I finally figured that out.

Well that was my weekend, a very exciting and fun one at that. Time to head into work. Happy Monday...


The only good Monday is a Monday in bed. –Dark Season

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bryan I think it's great you are so supportive of your family.
Children who have such a strong family support system usually turn out to be good, productive adults.

I love the term "rat bastards." lol
tc

March 05, 2007 9:57 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Most of the family does not come see her but my parents do when they can and I try to too. I know whe loves it.

I think rat bastard probably came with me think about g-man. Not that it applies to him but it goes with g-man. As to that fun strike out I have to thank BTExpress for that. I love it when he does that.

March 05, 2007 10:02 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

I couldnt for the life of me figure out the striking out part that BTExpress uses often and I wanted to try it in one of my post recently but didnt know how to go about it! Oh well. See you support your niece like I support mine!(lol) a lot differently! anyways thanks for the link I didnt know she had her own "rap" sheet I knew she was a busy person. Yeah she is a "dog" person and thats ok. I have owned many dogs in my life and I love them as much as cats but again I still tend to be a cat person more. when do we get to see some of the pictures? soon I hope.

March 05, 2007 3:35 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I love basketball! I never played but love to watch it live. I think I would like it even better if one of my family were playing.

Glad you had a great weekend!

March 05, 2007 4:36 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

You shoulda taken me with you. I like fun stuff too.

March 05, 2007 5:14 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

I LOVE those games that are really close like that...on the edge of your seat...stomach in your throat...almost ready to pass the fuck out...those are the best...then SCOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRE!!! and when my kids are on the team, I am an absolute lunatic...I am sure I make them real proud of my screaming ass! lol

March 05, 2007 6:30 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

You've learned well young grasshopper, you've learned well. ;-)

BTW, your a great uncle for going out of your way to cheer on your niece.

March 05, 2007 7:39 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab, hopefully you have seen your email. It is not to bad to do. It is interesting to see someone you know with an IMDB entry. And she has a lot of stuff on there too. She is one busy, busy person. Pictures, I will see if I have any that do not give away to much.

Sign I am not a basketball person but I have seen a bunch of games this year and will probably go see MSU Womens Basketball next year. Hey it is fun and you can get fairly close to the floor. It is so much better in person.

Oh Crabby, I would love to have taken you. A fun time would have turned into a crazy time. What could be more fun?

WMY now I know why kids hate to be spotted with their parents. I think they get used to it. Just as long as you do not go after the referees or coaches that it is all fun.

Tony, thank you my master. I do not get a chance to be around all the time since I am 100 or so miles away. I really enjoy when I can be there.

March 05, 2007 10:04 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

You took how many! I can't wait to see them. :)

March 06, 2007 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home