Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Spring is in the Air

Well actually it has been the last two days, today not so much. Today it is 20 outside here in mid Michigan and we have freezing fog but it will make it into the low 40s. Anyway I know winter is not over. We will see more snow. We may see a lot more snow. We will see more cold. I mean it is only February and winter will still be with us through mid to end of March. Still it felt so good.


For me I saw a cardinal turn up in the tree line in the back of my property and boy was he singing away along with many other birds. The sun was out STRONG. The temperatures were rising. Missing are the spring flowers but they will get here soon enough. By the way, the picture above was found on a WEB site for kids, www.harunyahya.com/kids/pictures.html.

What ever it was it just felt like spring and I am not alone. Yesterday the radio station I was listening to had the very same observation. I have also noticed people blogging from Ohio and Kentucky saying similar thing. So, even though it is still winter, unofficially... Spring is in the Air!

I hope you are enjoying the weather where you are too.


Tra-la-la-la-la. Spring is in the air, and I am a flower with nothing interesting to say. –A Bug’s Life
12 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

I won't be fooled by mother nature! I know how mean she can be.

I love the Cardinal picture. I was going to comment that if that was your tree, it was in trouble since it has foliage, lol.

I think I'll go for a walk at lunch today. I love the country! (I'll be at work.)

February 21, 2007 8:08 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

what a pretty birdie!

it's still frikkin cold here...***pouts***

February 21, 2007 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been hearing a robin singing in the morning, it's beautiful.
I still wonder aloud tho,"what the hell are you eating?"
tc

February 21, 2007 8:41 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign I know, we are going to get hit again. It sure does feel good for the break. Finally all the ice from when winter first hit us is melted. Nice. Enjoy the walk.

Alyssa, I have never been out to Toronto but I will some day. Got to catch me a play. Anyway I know your weather is cooler than ours but at least you are above freezing (I just peaked). That is a big start. I will see if we can send you guys a warm front from Ohio or something. Keep warm. Oh and welcome, glad you stopped by.

TC, what the bird is eating or me? Chick pea something or another that I got from a coworker if it is me. It has an odd horseradish kick that goes away almost right away. Very interesting.

February 21, 2007 9:31 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Yeah we too have had the greatest warm weather the last few days but alas it wont last. But guess what I have had 2 Cardnials in my yard in the last couple of days both bright red. Both at the same time! I think they are fighting for the rights of the lilac bush they were flying around! Spring is sure to follow

February 21, 2007 10:45 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Ah Spring...
Melting snow
Robins singing
The thawing out of huge quantities of canine crap that has accumilated all Winter long..

Spring...

February 21, 2007 1:35 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

I hope that spring has arrived over there for you.

That bird is beautiful, we have nothing over here to compare to it. The birds are just starting to sing again and the sun has been shining. :)

February 21, 2007 3:07 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Today is the first time in my life, I have heard the term 'freezing fog'

As I was watching the news this morning, I didn't know what to expect. I was sure I would freeze right where I stood if I went out.

It was pretty cool yesterday, I was looking out back and watched the fog rise from the ground.

Cool pic.

February 21, 2007 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

barman..LMAO..I meant Robins usually feast on worms and the ground is frozen so what the hell are they eating.
tc

February 22, 2007 8:26 AM  
Blogger Roxi said...

Good lord I love the weather right now.. I just wore a skirt without pantyhose yesterday.. it was wonderful!

February 22, 2007 11:17 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Now there is something I had not thought about. I hope you were careful today Lady R. With all that wind you skirt would be a flying.

February 22, 2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger S said...

LOL I Love your weight-o-meter over there on side bar!
21~excellent!

I haven't weighed myself for about a month, but as always, when I get back from India, I pack on a few pounds.
The funny thing is, my tiniest pants still fit, but the weight has come back in the tummy and arms, face etc. It's so true what they say about "belly fat" and the types of foods you eat.
I am seriously thinking about adopting my India diet for every day...

Take care Barman, youre doing swell!

February 22, 2007 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home