Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturday's Photo Scavengar Hunt - ANTIQUE

PSHunt
Grab the Scavenger Hunt code.
Photo Theme. Join the blogroll. Visit participants.

This weeks theme is ANTIQUE.

Well time to cheat a little on this one. I have some things that are older but I do not think I have anything that is ANTIQUE. Now I suppose I could turn the camera around and take a picture of me. I mean I am going to be 50 later this year and from what I read on the WEB they are starting to consider things that are 50 years old an ANTIQUE. Sorry, could not do it.

I also posted that 1980's car bag phone. Now age wise that the phone is not ANTIQUE but you have to admit it, yes that would qualify. But I already posted this before for the hunt so scratch that one.

While I was doing my research on the WEB I found this preview of an O'Reilly Safari book - Adobe® Photoshop® Elements 4: 50 Ways to Create Cool Pictures. The preview shows you how to use Adobe Photoshop to create an ANTIQUE affect on a photo you may have. So for this weeks hunt entry I will be ANTIQUING a photo before your very eyes.

Lets start with this picture I took 3 years ago.



Now play with the Hue/Saturation numbers per the article and you end up with this. I believe what you are doing here is kind of fading the color and provide that kind of yellowish tint that an ANTIQUE picture typically has.



And now do the last step and you have this. This seems to kind of add a lot of grain to the picture to kind of make it look like it has deteriorated some.



Sorry for the cheat but this is a picture I took and it truly does look ANTIQUE. Imagine what you could do with a picture that looks like it could actually be ANTIQUE to begin with. I hope you find this interesting and something you may find useful in the future. I think I will have to check into this book to see if they have the updated version 5 book or if the version 4 book is still available. I wonder what other cool things they have to share?


Thank you very much for visiting. Have a wonderful weekend.

Labels: , ,

26 Comments:
Blogger Melli said...

Bryan - you are nothing if not creative! I antiqued MY antique picture tonight too! And then fiddled around a little more with it to leave the train in full color! ;)
(but in PSP doing the antique thing is a simple matter of clicking "sepia"! and voila!) MAGIC! At any rate - I give you an "A" for effort this week!

Have a GREAT weekend!

February 16, 2007 11:39 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Wtg Bryan that is so cool. Mines up. But Im going back to bed night

February 17, 2007 1:19 AM  
Blogger Viamarie said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting thing about adobe. Will try doing it too.

Nice work!

February 17, 2007 2:38 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I love it, very creative and imaginative. And go steady on the 50 and antique in the same sentence!! Happy weekend.

February 17, 2007 3:24 AM  
Blogger Jake Silver said...

wow. that's pretty neat-O

February 17, 2007 7:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's so cool! I love it!

Do drop by my post!

February 17, 2007 7:06 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Melli, Sepia is perfect for the first step as that is pretty much what they are doing. That second step is part of the fiddling I suppose. I have so much to learn.

Gab, time for a little visit.

Viamarie it is amazing how ingeneous people are. There is so much to learn, so much to try.

Thank you Incog & Nito. Perhaps I can apply the antiquing thing in reverse and be a 20 something once again.

Thank you Jake.

Kooky will do.

February 17, 2007 7:34 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Wow, you photo hunt people get up early or stay up late, not sure which, lol.

I love this picture! Now I want to go on a sleigh ride.

February 17, 2007 9:03 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

you could have just posted the last photo and not told the story then we would all think it was a really cool antique photo....crafty is what you are.... I'm up too.

February 17, 2007 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh :) Good job, the photo looks very antique, I like it. :) My photo is up

February 17, 2007 11:51 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

I love this picture. You always do good at this photo hunt stuff.

FYI, 50 is not antique or over the hill. it simply means you will be aged to perfection. And this is coming from someone who is only...uh...39, yea, I'm 39. And since 40 is the new 30, I'll get to be uh...30 all over again. That's right cuz I'm only 39. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

February 17, 2007 1:02 PM  
Blogger Barbara H. said...

Very creative take on the theme this week!

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

February 17, 2007 1:28 PM  
Blogger Shooter said...

I don't think you cheated, you used the theme!

February 17, 2007 2:46 PM  
Blogger Andree said...

That isn't cheating at all! It's great. I don't use photoshop but with your clear description I can use GIMP to get the same effect! Thank you!

February 17, 2007 5:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Isn't it great what you can do with software? Pretty soon, we won't have to keep anything old - we just make things look like they are! LOL...

Great idea for today's post, Bryan. I always enjoy coming to your blog.

Happy weekend!

February 17, 2007 7:46 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Boy! That was a good one. Technology is amazing now-a-days don't you agree? Look at that.

February 17, 2007 8:27 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

That is a creative wat to fill this week's theme. Great job!

February 17, 2007 10:23 PM  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Nice bit of doctoring there Bryan! Really did a nice job antique-ing the photo. Nice job.

February 18, 2007 12:50 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Dude!

February 18, 2007 10:17 AM  
Blogger LibertyBelle said...

I think you have here a very creative twist on the theme, Bryan! Great job and super photo!
Happy Weekend
Mine's up too
L

February 18, 2007 10:22 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

This looks so cool! I may have to send you over some of my HNT's to work on. ;)

February 18, 2007 2:59 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

Did you go out to eat?

February 18, 2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, it depends. In a few days no since I will go back to the Body for Life routine during lent and hopefully beyond. Right yes I have been.

February 18, 2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I always give up sugar for Lent. LMAO, when it ends, I eat sugar right out of the bowl.

I posted some back ground for g. I mentioned you. I hope you don't mind.

February 18, 2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger g-man said...

I wish I could put any pic up, you can change the pic!.....Oh well, maybe some day.
good job......G

February 19, 2007 8:22 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, that is the problem with depriving yourself of something. You just get cravings and then anything is game. He no problems. As long as you are not overly mean I am always game.

G, pictures? I bet you have some wonderful pictures to go with those great stories you blog about. It would be an honor.

February 19, 2007 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home