Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Happy Tuesday

COMMERCIAL

Do you like to cook? You may wish to check out Eat it and Weep. It is a new blog started by Lara. It contains recipes from several different people. I think this has some real promise although it is in it's infancy. So far it is mostly healthy foods but the focus is just on good food. I have a recipe to add called Blueberry Stuff that is anything but healthy but people love it.

END COMMERCIAL



My niece did well with basketball. She did better on Sunday but then the girls basketball program at that school is just starting there and they are not that good yet. The game on Saturday was a toughy but it always is. Last year it came down to these two teams playing in a playoff and it looks like that will happen again. It also is looking like my nieces team will be undefeated for the second year in a row. I may learn to love basketball yet. We did find out something interesting. The team they most likely will be playing for all the marbles will be no more after this year as the school is closing. That is a shame, you play better when you play tough opponents.

I am plugging away with Photoshop. I have a wedding I took a lot of pictures of last July and I am using Photoshop to color correct and lighten the pictures. Most of the pictures are fairly under exposed so there is a little work. This is just giving me more incentive to shoot the pictures right the first time. Hopefully the flash I got for Christmas will go a long way to help properly expose the pictures.

Our Governor is doing the State of the State tonight. I am curious how she is going to make things positive as things seem to be going poorly in Michigan. I suppose I will need to tune in tonight and see.

My house hates the cold. Yes I said my house hates it. At night when it is getting its coldest I hear these loud bang noises. Not a lot but some of them. I suspect what it is is when it gets below zero things are contracting enough that when it is able to move a little it suddenly moves and I hear the bang noise. I hope I have a house left after this cold snap happens. I am use to the noise the siding makes when it gets warm and even when it cools down to a lesser extent but I do not think that is what this noise is. I miss having a brick house. Should I move that will be on the top of my list of things to look for.

Time to get into work. I fell cold already thinking about the drive into work. It is below zero as I type. Yikes.


Was what a creak? --Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman
12 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Burrr...brick houses are cold.

February 06, 2007 8:10 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign, the houses can be cold but if you have a lot of insulation they are not bad. I just feel like the house is going to blow away some day.

February 06, 2007 2:32 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

The recipe web site had some great looking recipes. Thanks for the tip.

February 06, 2007 2:58 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Your are more than welcome Tony. I suspect this will grow into something pretty nice.

February 06, 2007 4:56 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm all about the recipes!

Heads up! There is a concert next Thursday if you'd like to come.

February 06, 2007 7:37 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

I deleted my blog by mistake yesterday, thanks for the nice comment!

February 06, 2007 8:06 PM  
Blogger barman said...

I will write you Sign. I would love to see the concert. I am loving the recipes so far. I think this is good and getting better every day.

Ashley, it happens deleting ones blog. Just don't forget don't ever do anything you do not want to and you will do fine. Take care and thanks for stopping by. Come on back some time and I look forward to seeing you around.

February 06, 2007 8:37 PM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

I want the recipe for "Blueberry stuff". Hurry now and post it!

February 06, 2007 9:30 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

The weather has turned here too. Temperatures have plummeted and they are warning that we may get snow for the weekend.

I don't like being cold but I do love to sledge. :)

February 07, 2007 4:33 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

that recipe sight looks pretty cool.

the weather has finally brought us some snow...I was beginning to forget what it looked like..(we only got an inch)...but it's very cold out there!

February 07, 2007 7:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your Blueberry stuff sounds excellent! I will definitely bookmark this blog for future reference!

I didn't realize you were such a gourmand!!

Cheers!

February 07, 2007 9:50 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

would you believe that our new siding has a hole in it already? Yes it seems the paper person threw the paper at the house and it put a hole in the siding. Due to this really really cold weather we are having. Im sure its the same cold as you are having too.

February 08, 2007 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home