Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Friday, February 02, 2007

Brown

The color for today is BROWN in honor of the Ground Hog, Punxsutawney Phil. In case you did not hear the groundhog at Gobblers Knob did not see his shadow and that means spring will come early this year. Good news, we have a local critter, a woodchuck called Woody, and she did not see her shadow either. She is a better predictor than Phil anyway but this time they both agree. We should have a shortened winter. Yea.

Now go turn on the Comedy Network and go watch Groundhog Day. OK, so it is not that great of movie but I like it. Just like Belly Button Man and Belly Button woman on Roxie's.

Oh, one final note. Who came up with the name in Pennsylvania that Phil is at. Gobblers Knob? Somehow that either sounds dirty or it sounds like something a group of people came up with at the bar some long night.

"What do we call that park?"

"I don't know, how about Gobblers Knob?"

*the bar breaks out in loud uncontroled laughter*
11 Comments:
Blogger Crabby said...

awwwwwwwww. You named your woodchuck after our Buckeye coach. That's sooo sweet. So you guys do admit the Bucks are awesome, huh?

February 02, 2007 5:58 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

LMAO Good one crab.

I have a ground hog that lives under my shed. He didn't even bother coming out. He just stayed down under laughing at all of us.

I'll name him when he starts paying rent.

btw, I know you're busy, but if you get the time, please fly me an e mail about flicker. Crab say's I need it for new blogger.

Happy Friday!

February 02, 2007 7:04 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Just because Howel decided to name their woodchuck Woody does not mean we will ever bow down to the Buckeyes, ever. As to admitting you guys are awesome, hey there is room enough for more than one AWESOME team in the big 10.

February 02, 2007 7:05 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Gobbler's Knob sounds like turkeys live there.

I hate the movie Groundhog Day. I can't believe how redundant it is. I realize that's the point, but jeeze louise!

February 02, 2007 7:40 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Spring early whoo-hoo. Happy dance...Oh wait our winter really hasnt been all that bad. So ok spring will be early but I suppose we will get slammed with one major snowstorm just before we get spring. Ah the sweet sweet smill of spring is in the air. Cant wait.

February 02, 2007 8:53 PM  
Blogger Zephyr said...

I can't wait for spring... OUTDOOR exercise is so much less boring!

February 03, 2007 12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure hope they're right because this Arctic freeze is starting to get old real fast.
tc

February 03, 2007 10:14 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Barman, new post on Michigan Bloggers needs your input.

February 03, 2007 10:30 AM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

"Gobblers Knob" sounds dirty to me too! I like it.

February 03, 2007 2:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I live about 150 miles from Gobbler's Knob. We always watch the festivities live on our PA. cable channel. It's always a riot to watch all the drunks dress up like groundhogs.

I hope Phil is right for once in his furry life.

Happy Saturday to you, Bryan!

Cheers!

February 03, 2007 5:06 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Well it wasn't me before you say anything. Lol

But it is a great name!

February 05, 2007 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home