Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Wasn't That a Party?

Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin.
Could have been three or four six-packs,
I don't know, but look at the mess I'm in,
My head is like a football, I think I'm gonna die,
Tell me, me oh me oh my,
Wasn't that a party?

Someone took a grapefruit and wore it like a hat,
I saw someone under my kitchen table, talking to my old tom cat,
They were talking about hockey and the cat was talkin' back,
Along about then everything went black,
But wasn't that a party?

I'm sure it's just my memory playin' tricks on me,
But I think I saw my buddy cuttin' down my neighbour's tree,

Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin.
Could have been three or four six-packs,
I don't know, but look at the mess I'm in,
My head is like a football, I think I'm gonna die,
Tell me, me oh me oh my,
Wasn't that a party?

Old Billy Joe and Tommy, well they went a little far,
They were sitting in my backyard blowing on the siren in somebody's police car.
So you see, your honour,
It was all in fun,
That little bitty track meet down on main street,
Was just to see if the cops could run,
Well, they run us in to see you,
In an alcoholic haze,
I can sure use those thirty days to recover from the party.

Could have been the whiskey, might have been the gin.
Could have been three or four six-packs,
I don't know, but look at the mess I'm in,
My head is like a football, I think I'm gonna die,
Tell me, me oh me oh my,
Wasn't that a party?


Well, no skipping out of work yesterday. I had a user I had to take care of and I could not drag anyone out to the bar but tonight we are leaving early and going to do it up so it was just delayed a day.

The project my cohort in crime and I were working on for 2 weeks went smashingly and my boss and his boss were very pleased. It was a lot of planning, hard work, and sweat but it payed off.

Unbelievable, I plan to watch American Idol through the gathering talent phase and then go away. I hate the voting. At this point I do not understand why I watch. MN was interesting, Seatle was terrible. I think they need to go to New York or somewhere and see if there is any untapped tallent. There was a diamond or two from Saetle but I think it is played out, seariously.

More snow on the way but only an inch. I hope it keeps away somewhat. I have to go to Detroit, then Livania, then Detroit, than East Lansing and who knows where else this weekend. Busy, busy, busy but I get to play with my camera. :) Oh that and see the neice play basketball and cheerlead. She makes an OK basketball player but a pretty good cheerleader. I am surprised her Dad is OK with that. He is pretty protective of her. I pitty the first person that tries to date her some day.

Looks like another Michigan Blogger meeting is in the works. If you would like to see what is going on then stop here. Note this is in the very begining stages. Please stop by and help us plan this out. For anyone that thought about attending last year but was unable... it was a fun time and we all fit in well. Do think about going. Now find your way over to the blog and say hi and leave some feedback. Go on ... you can do it!



So when's our next meeting? --Boy Meets World
9 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Idol is just ridiculous! I have no idea why I watched it. Why, oh why, do they make us sit through minutes of horrible singers? At least Paula seemed under control as far as her drug/alcohol abuse went. I hope that continues for her.

January 18, 2007 7:53 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I just had a thought. Maybe they make us sit through the bad ones so the ones that do make it seem really tallanted.

January 18, 2007 7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sick of the cold already, I want a big snow storm.:)
tc

January 18, 2007 10:25 AM  
Blogger KJ said...

ROCK ON IDOL!!!!!!!!

January 18, 2007 7:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..But what about Red?

January 18, 2007 10:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Barman I've got my own blog now, check it out.....

January 18, 2007 11:21 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Top Cat, I would love to see a more snow I think... do I have to shovel? Maybe I can have a snow day.

Kristen, I am not a big fan of Idol but it does have it's moments. Now if you were to apear on it my opinion would change.

g-man I wondered what on earth you were talking about. I read my post, read the comments, pondered what on earth you were talking about and then it hit me. The last person on AI from Seatle was RED. In his case he was certainly in the rough, I do not think I saw a diamond at all however. I bet he is a fun drunk.

Lori, welcome to blogger. Glad to see you joining in. One more day to the weekend!!!

January 19, 2007 2:21 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Say it isn't so...Please tell me you do not watch that awful show.

I only watch the Apprentice, but I'm not sure I like it so much this time around.

January 19, 2007 4:03 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, last season was the first I have watched AI. I was not happy with it. I decided that I would watch the first part where they go after the contestants. But than I am done with the show for the season. I hate the voting. All the wrong people stay and the good ones are voted out. It just frustrates me.

I watched the Apprentice for a season and a half and I do not like that show either. It just struck me as way to commercial. OK now what product placement can we do? Oh Burger King would like to pay us to place their product. OK, guess what we are doing on Apprentice this week... Burger King! Sorry, that show is just not for me either.

Basically I avoid reality shows. I know watching the first two weeks of AI goes against that but I am not going to avoid them at all costs. If I fancy to watch a show I will do it but for the most part they are just not for me. Bring back real TV which is NOT REALITY TV!

January 19, 2007 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home