Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Mad Ramblings

I had a strange dream last night. First of all I have not remembered a dream for a long time. I believe they say we all dream, just some people do not remember them.

In this dream I was in a relationship with someone, lets call her Dawn. She did not have a name but I thought this might make it easier. It appeared this was a fairly new relationship as Dawn kept saying things and asking questions of me. It seemed like she was trying to feel things out.

We were in a building. It was either a shopping mall or some sort of museum. We were walking all over the place and looking at things. At one point I remember us standing in front of this small elevator. When the door opened three people went in and I walked in too filling the elevator. Of course, being just a guy and apparently pretty stupid at that, I stayed on the elevator as the door closed without Dawn getting on since she could not.

Now I went to the other floors (there were 3 in all) and finally got off at the lowest one before I realized Dawn was not there. So I pressed the button to go up and, once it came, got on board and went back to the floor where I had left Dawn.

When I got out there she was sitting at a table and reading a book and ignoring me. Then she got up and we both walked back into the bigger part of the not really together. She was obviously mad at me and I can not blame her but I am sorry, this was all so different to me.

It was at this point I woke up and no more dream. Now what was strange is I have not even been in a relationship for some time. I am kind of wondering where on earth this came from? Maybe it is because I was thinking about a wedding I will be attending at the end of June. In a way it makes sense as the bride to be is short and blonde similar to what Dawn was however that was not her. Now I do like the bride to be but not in that way. Well, now you know about my last night.


I was getting a little frustrated with the new way of eating. With things being very hectic at work I have not exactly been fitting in the meals and on occasion not eating right. The exercise has been sporadic. It is not wonder things were not going well. Today I was all set to go out and eat breakfast and not all the light of a meal either. Then I weighed in and found out I had lost what I had been gaining the last couple of days. I suspect it was me building up bulk. So I changed my mind and started trying to follow the new way to eat and see where it leads me. Sure can’t wait for things to ease back after Wednesday. I think I will even go out for a beer or three after our training session is done.


I have been trying to learn what I can about photography. Now I do OK at it. I should, I have been snapping pictures for over 40 years now. I usually do pretty good but there is something missing. My pictures are not much better then ordinary. I mean sometimes I hit a home run but usually I just get a double and occasionally a single. Where did that come from anyway? The current book focuses on taking digital photographs, how the pros do it. Some of the things I have read I already knew. Some things may be tough for me to apply. But there were a bunch of things I have learned. Next I start reading a book on exposure. I think I need to fit in a book on wedding photography. Not that most of what they say is for me. I have no intention of shooting a wedding for a living but I do love to take pictures at weddings. It won’t hurt to get ideas. Of course I am sure some of what they are going to say is get a wide angle zoom and a second camera body. I love photography but it sure can be an expensive hobby. Any one want to buy and old film camera?

Back to the garage to finish that one messy corner.


Quite true. Constant exposure does result in a certain degree of - contamination. –Star Trek
5 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

I have no idea what your dream means. Maybe that you feel you don't always pay attention to your partner which leads to her ignoring you? I dunno.

I'm excited for you about your weighloss. It does get frustrating when you bob up and down. I lost 4 pounds (finally) in 2 days and then bounced up a pound. Your body tries hard to keep that weight. It just takes time.

January 15, 2007 10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wtg on the continuing weight loss. as for the dream? Good question.

January 15, 2007 11:57 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Your dream could symbolise frustration, the having and then loosing. I don't really know how to translate it.

The weight loss seems to be coming on fine and your attitude seems well balanced towards it too.

So, what were you saying about "exposure"? ;)

January 15, 2007 11:58 AM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

I'm not certain all our dreams mean anything at all. I can guess what some of the dreams I've had meant, but most of the ones I remember don't seem to mean anything at all. Maybe yours didn't really mean anything either. Maybe you saw something like that and it just stuck in your head and became should itself in that dream.

January 15, 2007 2:11 PM  
Blogger barman said...

OK I decided the dream means I am weird or it just does not have a meaning. Very weird for sure. I never did see her face (another weird thing about it). Also I would never walk on to an elevator or anything like that and leave someone behind. Yep, just plain old weird.

Sign at least you are heading in the right direction with the weight loss. I am doing OK. I should do well over the next couple of days as I have spent 2 hours on the driveway and sidewalks clearing ice and snow. That should burn a few calories.

Gab I am kind of up and down on weightloss but over all I am happy where I am. I just need my life to settle a little.

Suze I am not totally sure about exposure ... what did you have in mind? ;)

BTE I think you are right. It just is weird that I actually remember a dream and now I sit this and think why did I remember that?

January 15, 2007 2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home