Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, January 15, 2007

On the Rocks

I am so wiped out at the moment. I have been outside, on and off, for almost 3 hours or is that 4? We were hit with an ice storm. Luckily we were not hit to bad. All and all we ended up with about a 1/10 of an inch while some areas to the South (where SignGurl works) saw up to a half inch of ice. Around where I am there are no people without power with over 20.000 customers without power down south. They may not see power restored until some time on Wednesday.


Now for todays lesson. We received 1 to 2 inches of snow. The next day we were expecting the ice storm. Do you shovel the snow or not? Well my neighbor shoveled including this 20 to 25 foot section of sidewalk between our properties. I was lazy, I opted not to shovel. Today I shoveled my property including the sidewalk between our properties. Now I am not going to tell you it was easy. It was a lot of work. My hair is a mess, I am so tired, and I need a shower. The part that had not been shoveled came up with not a ton of effort. The part that had been shoveled was terrible. I am so glad this was a small section to be done. I probably spent 20 to 25 percent of the time doing that little section. It was much harder then even the drive way that I had driven on and packed down the snow.

So what did we learn? Procrastinating is good. Well actually we learned that if we have a choice between ice on cement directly or ice on snow, leave the d*m snow go and get it later.


Susan, I've never heard you talk like that... Are we about to get it on? Because I'm as hard as a diamond in an ice storm right now. --Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
6 Comments:
Blogger KJ said...

ok, see....this is a great example of why I hate cold and snow and ice.

It causes your hair to get messed up :)

January 15, 2007 7:18 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Kristen, good thing you live in KY, it is not bad weather a lot down there. Just enough to say you have 4 seasons and so the kids can build a snowman.

January 15, 2007 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i don't miss that weather at all. It's been so nice here in Maryland but I just know we'll get some yucky weather sooner than I'd like.

I love that picture of the ice on the trees.

January 16, 2007 12:55 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

It was goregous this morning! The sun behind the icy trees was beautiful. Of course, I forgot my camera.

Just finished up the front walk. I'm leaving the driveway. It's not that bad.

January 16, 2007 4:38 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

I've been in your shoes and neither is fun to clear. But I'd take the ice on the snow any day compared to the alternative. Fortunately, the ice storm is going to miss us, this time.

January 16, 2007 4:42 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Jan, I will try and tell you when the bad weather is heading your way so you can DUCK!

Sign I know what you mean. I got to work and the trees were wonderful. I plan to take the camera tomorrow and see how things look. It looked so nice with the sun out. You would think it was warm but no. Anyway yea, the driveway is in pretty good shape now.

BTE glad to hear the storm missed. I know it hit at least part of NY. Glad it was not your part. I am going to see if I can get some good pictures tomorrow with the ice on the trees and the sun out. Can't wait.

January 16, 2007 5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home