Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, January 29, 2007

I Hate Blue

Over the weekend I had so much fun. I kept seeing blue and I hate blue. Well actually I hate blue screens on computers. Normally XP is pretty stable but not for me and not this weekend.

It started out just occasionally blue screening and progressed to where I could not even get through the boot process without a blue screen. So I brought it up in safe mode, ran some scans and crashed again. Brought it up regular, scanned it and other than a few spyware cookies, all was clean. Then I applied all the critical Windows updates I have been avoiding, upgraded to IE 7. upgraded to FireFox 2, let Dell (my machine is a Dell) do its things it recommended (mostly) and I once again seem to have a stable system (knock on wood).

I am glad. The one thing I did lately was add a lot of memory to the computer and I was afraid the memory was bad. So far I had it up most of yesterday and, once fixed, it has done well. I think it was complaining about a device driver problem. Probably all the upgrades I did (41 critical patches all together) ended up replacing the driver in question what ever it was.

Thank goodness, the blue is no more ... for now. Now I can get my income taxes done. I want my refund.


Yeah one more thing, uh... none of them wanna pay taxes again. --Armageddon
6 Comments:
Blogger Manny said...

Wasn't it white just a few month's back?

Thanks again Bryan, I am still hunting, but this is better.

January 29, 2007 7:59 AM  
Blogger Suze said...

Nothing quite like PC updates. You just reminded me I need to defrag mine.

January 29, 2007 8:59 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I'm on my way to buy TurboTax as we speak. Well, I will be, lol.

January 29, 2007 11:50 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

I hate doing taxes...I better get my W2 from Ohio soon or I'll be really upset!!

January 29, 2007 2:03 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, I am sure something can be come up with. If you have a Grace picture I could make something out of that if you like. It just needs to be cropped and shrank.

Suze dig you say frig ... oh defrag. You know it has been a while for me to. I think I should let that one some night soon.

Denny, blue other things are not good either but a blue screen makes one unhappy for sure.

Sign, for a change I picked up my package back in December so now that I feel a little better about my computer I can get er done. I think I have all my documents now.

Jan I think they probably could get away with not getting it to you for about another week since they have to have it out by the 31st but then it is how ever long it takes to get to you in the mail.

January 29, 2007 3:05 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

Blue is my favorite color, but not when it's the dreaded BLUE SCREEN! Glad you got it fixed.

January 29, 2007 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home