Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, February 12, 2007

A Child's View on Politics.....

With the couple of email comments over the weekend of me becoming Governor, a post I am not so sure of might I add, I thought this was appropriate...


A little boy goes to his dad and asks, "What are Politics?"

Dad says, "Well son, let me try to explain it this way:

#1. I'm the head of the family, so call me The President.
#2. Your mother is the administrator of the money, so we call her the Government.
#3. We're here to take care of your needs, so we'll call you the People.
#4. The nanny, we'll consider her the Working Class.
#5. And your baby brother, we'll call him the Future.

"Now, think about that and see if it makes sense."

So, the little boy goes off to bed thinking about what Dad has said.

Later that night, he hears his baby brother crying, so he gets up to check on him. He finds that the baby has severely soiled his diaper.

So, the little boy goes to his parent's room and finds his mother sound asleep. Not wanting to wake her, he goes to the nanny's room. Finding the door locked, He looks in the peephole and finds his father in bed with the Nanny.

He gives up and goes back to bed.

The next morning, the little boy says to his father, "Dad, I think I understand the concept of politics now."

The father says, "Good, son, tell me in your own words what you think politics is all about."

The little boy replies, "The President is screwing the Working Class, while the Government is
sound asleep. The People are being ignored and the Future is in deep sh!t."



No, it's not smart. It's politics. --Battlestar Galactica

Labels:

11 Comments:
Blogger S said...

HI barman!

Hows it going? Well, I hope!
Wonder if I oughta try that story to explain politics to my daughter...hahaha!

February 12, 2007 11:13 AM  
Blogger barman said...

You know mistress somehow I think it is accurate but it just might not be to kid friendly. Time to whip out I'm Just a Bill and see how that does.

February 12, 2007 12:53 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

I'm just a bill...yeah, I'm only a bill...and I'm sittin here on Capital Hill...yep, the good old days!lol

February 12, 2007 1:55 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Lol. Can I borrow this? :)

February 12, 2007 2:25 PM  
Blogger Alex said...

Now that is funny. Definite LOL

We need a nanny ... each

February 12, 2007 2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good one Bryan, you get my vote!
tc

February 12, 2007 5:44 PM  
Blogger barman said...

WMY, I write programs for a living. I could have made it fancy but... anyway, one program I wrote has an about screen with the picture of a School House Rock bill I found at the store. It plays I'm just a bill when opened. No one has found yet. I guess my users are not very adventurous.

Suze, borrow away.

Alex, a nanny ... now I do not have kids but I would love to have a nanny.

Jeremy, I mean TC, it just had to be done. It so fit in with a couple of comments over the weekend.

February 12, 2007 5:50 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

hee hee
Good Un'Bryan!
hugs!

February 12, 2007 5:54 PM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

Really funny, and soooo true, LMAO.

I made your dessert yesterday and we LOVE it. I took a pic, but it's on Tony's camera and i'm home now. Thanks for sharing it.

February 12, 2007 8:10 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Isn't it funny Tammi but so painfully true. Thanks for the hug. Right back at you Tammi.

Lori, I enjoyed it and thought it would be fun to pass along. I am so glad you liked it. I know Balloon Pirate (who I think was trying it this weekend too) enjoyed it. It was all kind of nervous but I know people love it when they try it.

February 12, 2007 10:27 PM  
Blogger Izzy said...

hahaha that cracked me up !!


Indigo xxx

February 13, 2007 4:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home