Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, February 19, 2007

Fat Tuesday and Beyond

Well it is that time of year again. First Fat Tuesday which means a little excess. This includes most likely a steak somewhere, at least 1 packzi, maybe 2, and I am sure I will find something else to go with it. By the way, for those unfamilure with packzi, it is a Polish/Catholic tradition. If you follow the line above it will take you to a real short article that also has a link. This is an audio recorded at a local bakery that is well known for their packzi even though they are an Italian backery.

Fat Tuesday is followed by Ash Wednesday, the start of lent. I have strayed off of trying to lose weight and get in shape so that will be part of what I do for lent this year. So my side guy should start getting active again.

Well I think it is time to go enjoy the day a little. I just saw a Cardinal. I have not seen one of those in a little while. That and I am hearing some song birds out there. It looks like it is only 17 F out there right now but, I can't believe it, it is suppose to make it above freezing for the first time in about 3 weeks. Even then it was only above freezing one day. Time to wash the car. Have a great day everyone.


Sister Hill? I really like going to church. Does that mean I can give it up for Lent? --King of the Hill
8 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Could you was my car too? I can't even tell what color it is.

February 19, 2007 9:44 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I could try... both of mine are white. What color is underneath is beyond me.

February 19, 2007 9:46 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Wash mine after sign's. Mine look's as if it were tie died with black, gray, and white.

LMAO, last week, I was smoking in my car, the window was cracked, and another car flew by me and splashed slush through the crack. It hit my face and hair. I was so happy I was on my way home.

February 19, 2007 9:53 AM  
Blogger barman said...

See Manny, that is what happens with that disgu... I mean, I am so sorry to here that. I never thought of that. You should have got their plate and have someone visit them. :)

That is a lot of ground to cover. I best get on thre road right away.

February 19, 2007 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We saw a Robin on saturday, drinking water out of my sump pump line. What's up with that?
I've had ducks coming in at night and feeding off the cracked corn I leave for the squirrels.

February 19, 2007 2:02 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

I am in line for the car wash k?? lol
I was just outside, and it was pretty darn nice out there...the sun was shining, bird were singing, and all was right with the world...until next week, when we get hit with another blizzard!! hahahaha Go out and enjoy it while you can...I know I will...you too signgurl...get out there...you know you wanna...have a great day folks

February 19, 2007 2:41 PM  
Blogger Manny said...

I thought about you this afternoon. Right around 4:40 I spotted a couple of cardinals. They were perched on my fence. I went to grab my camera, but they felw away.

They say it'll hit 50 here on saturday. I hope so. I can't wait to get out to my yard.

February 19, 2007 6:28 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, it seems like spring over here at the moment. No snow and temperatures are rising.

And even better! The sun has been out today. :)

February 21, 2007 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home