Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Thursday, March 29, 2007

St Patrick's Parade Part C - The Final Edition

This looked neat to me. Having been in marching band in High School I have a thing for straight lines and straight diagonals, I only wish I could have snapped this a split second sooner so the persons cover was not "covering" the person next to him.

























OK, confession time. Now you know where I got my current avatar from. I can't say I have ever worn my hair like that although some mornings it does look rather strange for sure. I still say, at least for me, that would make an outstanding Halloween costume.

























Do you believe the nerve of this gentlemen. There were police all over and her he is using a bong as he heads down the parade route. It must be a pretty cool little town that they did not bust him. Maybe I should move there.

























Now this picture is one that I enjoy. He seems to be trying to untangle the beads so he can toss them to people attending the parade. To me, however, I see him working with a particularly complicated rosary or prayer beads. Not that I am super religious or anything but I did grow up Catholic. The other thing I really like about this picture is it was pretty blurry and, with the use of photoshop I turned it into a fairly respectable picture. I like that, good to know.


















Now what parade, at least over here in the States, would be complete without a lot of noise makers, all the fire engines, rescue vehicles and police cars. It was amazing how loud they all where this time. Even if you could not hear you could just feel how loud they were. I hope you understand because it is kind of hard to explain.

Anyway I do not remember if I mentioned this but there was this couple (I think) next to me. The guy was holding this yellow lab pup throughout the parade and the pup was doing really good. I am not good at guessing age and even worse with dogs but I would guess probably four months old, maybe younger. Anyway when the fire engines came through and were so loud that puppy still was not fussing. The guy grabbed the puppies ears and tried to shield them from the noise and after a while the puppy just wanted him to let his ears alone. I was amazed that a dog would tolerate all the noise like that. Nope, no pictures of said puppy but I did pet him a little. I am a sucker for dogs and yes cats too.


















And now lets close down this parade with this picture. I thought it was cute especially when they almost seemed to pose when they saw the camera. How could I not take a picture of that.


















Now you saw my unconventional take on the parade. Yes I could have shown you a few floats but you probably have seen that like 1000 times before. Sorry I did not see any leprechauns, I went back and checked. There were no big marching band units but there were several piper bands but once again, old news at least here in Michigan. I hope you enjoyed the pictures.


Robo-puppy mistreatment alert. Robo-puppy mistreatment alert. --Futurama

Labels: ,

14 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LJAO at the bong comment.
tc

March 29, 2007 8:19 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Top Cat I just do not know what came over me. I guess I have a little devil in me today.

March 29, 2007 8:31 AM  
Blogger javajazz said...

that was funny!
what was even weirder,
was that little smokestack
coming out the top of his head...
hey, at least he was considerate
of his fellow 'pipers'!

March 29, 2007 2:00 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

funny, I was wondering where your new hair style was coming from!

March 29, 2007 5:02 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Javajazz, yes that was a strange sight indeed. I am glad myself as I do not like smoke... well maybe that smoke.

TK, I just got a little crazy after visiting your daughters blog. I suspect it will be all gone tonight. I know I through people off.

March 29, 2007 5:26 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

That kid definitely looks deep into thought there and I can't believe that guy would be doing bong hits RIGHT IN PUBLIC LIKE THAT. If that were me...I would have been so busted but since I don't smoke...I guess I have NOTHING to worry about.

I wonder if he's ever poked anyone in the eye with that hairdo?

March 29, 2007 6:54 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

Hey!!! I was in marching band too...all four years of high school...mark time mark!!! to the rear move!!! forward move!! right hace ready move!! hahahahahah
I loved marching band...and band camp...this one time...in bandcamp...I am a band fag from way back!!

March 29, 2007 7:15 PM  
Blogger SIMON said...

Hey I understand all about the bong comment! Must be getting better at English as it is spoken in North America! Great posting Barman.
Thanks for the help before. I've linked you at mine OK?
Sorry it's late for me so I'll be back later.

March 29, 2007 8:49 PM  
Blogger barman said...

ebezp good for you. I am sure I would be lost with some of the terms you might use like arse, banger, boot, bum and it goes on. Now I know more than I used to having worked with a yorkshire bloke but I was shocked at some terms I knew and had no idea how horrible it was considered. So much to learn.

I know there is a time difference so don't worry about that and the link is great, thanks.

March 29, 2007 9:38 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Jillie, I don't smoke either but if I did I know I would so be busted right there along side you. You know I think I would be more interested in if he has a girlfriend and how is that working out?

Wendy we did dance routines. Up 3 steps, 90, up four more steps, 270. 2 more steps and a 180. It was strange but when you stepped back it looked pretty cool. Marching band was a blast and so was band camp. Only problem I am just now finding out all the extra curricular activity I missed out on. You didn't play flute by any chance, did you?

March 29, 2007 9:43 PM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

Great pics there my friend. We had 3 weekends of parades around here, but I didnt go to any of them. Maybe next year......have a great weekend Bryan!

March 29, 2007 9:58 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Look at it this way...it could be worse. His hair could be going from ear to ear like that and you could be stuck sitting behind him in the movies.

You know, that ring is your nose is even hotter! lol

March 29, 2007 10:52 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Lori sometimes I go, sometimes I don't but I like that particular parade so I went out of my way to attend it. I think you two may have more important things to tend to. I hope you are healing and have a wonderful weekend too.

Jillie, that would be bad. Maybe I could part his hair if I try real hard. You know if I was going to do anything I think I would have to go with a pieced ear. Now I just need to make sure I get the correct ear.

March 29, 2007 11:11 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

You know...if he ever ran out of tooth picks he could always break off a piece of his hair!!

March 30, 2007 12:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home