Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

One Nuke, Two Nuke, Three Nuke, More

OK, I am sorry but this one is going to be a negative post. I will try and get it over quick.

We have a microwave at work that was there since before I joined (over 18 years now). We are a group of 16 people. Well part of our group decided they were going to go off on their own, buy a microwave and only they would use that. Of course the problem with that is we were not suppose to do that. That uses a lot of power but no, they brought in a microwave and a fridge and management did not do a thing about it.

Fast forward several years. We have been limping along with our microwave that I believe is about 25 years old. We have talked about replacing it but not much was done. I researched it at one point and still no one would make a decision. I got tired and dropped it. That is until today. Today I noticed this on the THEIR microwave. Personally I think they should have just said something to the person that was using it that they did not want using it. I mean I have not been using THEIR microwave. But for some reason this stupid sign pissed me off.


I did a little research and found a microwave on sale. I made the decision to just go buy it. I am not asking for money but if anyone gives me any that would be nice. So tonight I went back to work and replaced this


with this


I figure if I am replacing the microwave myself then I should get to pick the color. Can you guess what my favorite color is?

Anyway now I feel like putting a sign on this microwave like this.


Luckily, I talk myself out of things like this. That and I am usually a very easy going person but not always. I know better and rarely act on a thought like this one.

Anyway that was my negative post. I know I am being childish. I know it should not bother me but for some reason it just does. Sorry, I just needed to get it out of my system. I will do better. I know, how about some St Patrick Parade pictures and one of me (waves to Gab). That will be next.


Napalm? Why don't you just nuke 'em while you're at it? --Evolution
13 Comments:
Blogger wmy said...

You are the best!! You know you should really put a sign on it that says...hey you!...yeah you...the ones who now have the OLD microwave...do not even think about touching my brand new microwave...its for me only!! hahahahah
You wouldn't do that though...and that just shows how much class you have!! You rock!

March 20, 2007 10:24 PM  
Blogger LillyWhite said...

lol
you are very laid back, I enjoy your comments! I've never seen a red microwave before, this would look nice in my erotica blog.

March 20, 2007 10:32 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

that post above is from me , lillywhite was logged into my blog!

March 20, 2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger barman said...

You are right Wendy, I would not do that but you know, I feel better now. I am looking forward to the reaction tomorrow when people show up to work and see the new microwave.

Lilly, lift away and thank you.

March 20, 2007 10:35 PM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

Barman, Im still laughing at your bike shots can you put my head on
one like milkmaids?

March 20, 2007 10:38 PM  
Blogger barman said...

TK, I did not do that one but I will see if I can find something. That would be nice now wouldn't it.

March 20, 2007 10:40 PM  
Blogger Zephyr said...

I notice I'm not on a bike, but that's ok, I have my own bike shots. ;)

As for this post... I think you should put a sign on your new microwave that says the following:

Notice:
This microwave was purchased with private funds, but since the purchaser is not petty and immature, it is open for use by anyone who needs it. Doing your part to keep it clean is the only requested payment.

March 21, 2007 8:30 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Barman, this made me laugh out loud. It would be hilarious if you put the picture with the finger on your microwave.

That microwave is hot! Hahahahaha!

March 21, 2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

Red huh? well ok I guess cause its hot red!lol
Im glad your not as petty as those other folks who work in your office. Im kinda wondering myself what they will say when they walk in and find a newer updated micowave! I agree with lara that is the notice you should put on it with the image of the one finger salute behind it! cant wait for the pics. (waving back);)

March 21, 2007 9:37 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Lara I know your bike shots would be much better than anything I would ever dream of doing. Thank you so much, I will probably wait for Monday and if I do not see them take their sign down I will probably put what you said up. I think it is perfect.

Sign, hot because it is red right. I just know Crabby would love it. I may need to hide it or it may turn up missing.

Gab the GROUP did just ask if that was bought because of their sign. It kind of defused things a little and I am happy about that. I do not like trouble, I mean we all need to wirk together. And yes, red. I like red but I am not sure if I would want it day in and day out. It should be a conversation piece for sure. The salute is something I just would not do but it did feel good to think about it.

March 21, 2007 10:43 AM  
Blogger GAB said...

I know you wouldnt but the thought was nice in my head lol!

March 21, 2007 1:25 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

I love the colour, very racey! And I love the gesture too, what a bunch of asswipes. :)

March 21, 2007 4:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a cool looking microwave Bryan, great color. I bet they have microwave envy now.
No you're not being petty, we all have emotions and it's best to get them out.
tc

March 21, 2007 6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home