Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Blah

Oh my goodness, I have never been like this before. I mean winter is not my favorite time of the year but this year I got the worst case of the blah’s I have ever had.

I never felt like I wanted to be at work and it showed. I was never accomplishing anything. At home I did not feel like doing anything. House work, what house work? Hockey, my favorite sport, if I was lucky I would catch a game every now and then... I used to live for the next Red Wing Hockey game. . Yes I would go home to be with the family but I had to drag myself out of the house to get going. I have not been keeping in touch with people like I had been. Just in general a big fat nothing.

Well things are a changing. Now that there is more sunlight. Now that the weather is improving I am feeling much more myself once again. Last night I stayed 3 hours over at work trying to get a program to work just the proper way. About a week ago I told work I would have something done withing 2 weeks so people could play with the new look and feel of the program. This means I have put a self imposed deadline on what I am working on. Now I am no where near showing what I am up to yet and I only have a little over a week to go but the progress I have made in the last week is super.

On the home front spring cleaning is underway. It will take a while but I am getting the house back in order. This will be good because in the past I have cleaned the house but never really did a spring cleaning. I have thoughts of pictures I would like to take once again. After last weeks Photo Hunt for architecture there are several different pictures of pictures I would love to do of the state Capitol, all heading in directions I have not been before. I am looking forward to Saturday. I am going to a St Patrick’s day parade and will take pictures and probably get involved in some activities. Perhaps some Irish stew and a Guinness? Take in a free movie... we will see.

As I left work yesterday at 8:00 at night (first time working over in a while) I smiled several times. The first was when I discovered my car was horny. Yes you heard me right, it was horny. How did I know that? Well when I looked in the direction of my rear view mirror it said 69. (I know bad, very bad) I also had to smile as I was making my way home there was a motor cycle on a side street waiting to make it’s way onto the road. I immediately thought of two things. First there was g-man, our Harley man. You know it is funny but I get the feeling Top Cat could fill that roll pretty good too. Of course the bike was not a Harley as it did not have “that sound” but that did not matter. The second thing the came to mind is you do not see a lot of motor cycles out in the winter. They are there but I think a lot of people put them away for the bad weather so this to me seemed like a sign of spring.

Now I know that winter is not over despite that yesterday all but the last stubborn areas of snow are gone on my property. We can and will see more snow. We may even see a lot more snow. We will see more cool and possibly cold weather but we are not that far from seeing spring permanently. The sun will disappear on me again. But I also know it will not be that long before I will start to see some tulips push up through the soil. The grass will start to green once again. That smell of spring will return. I already caught that earthy smell within the last few days as I walked past some planting beds at work. Yes sir, I had a real bad case of the blahs this year but I really think things are looking up finally. I can not wait!

HAPPY HUMP DAY!


No. I just - I mean... it's so 'blah.' Joan? –Buffy the Vampire Slayer
19 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can SOOO relate to the blah feelings, being out of work and stuck in the house only made it worse.
Once the snow finally melted I was able to pick up a ton of branches that had fallen during our high winds and freezing rain days.
Some of them were so big I had to cut them with a handsaw.
I guess it's supposed to get cold again this weekend but hey I'll still take the 30's as long as it's sunny.
tc

March 14, 2007 7:10 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Oh dear, I replied by email rather then here. Oops. Here, here TC, here, here. I think the sun makes a world of difference.

Funny, here, here makes so much more sense now because I meant to reply to you "here, here."

Silly Barman, tricks are for kids.

March 14, 2007 7:16 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

My daffodils are up about 6 inches and the tulips about 1". I really love Spring and can't wait until it's here for good.

Glad you had such a great day, B!

March 14, 2007 8:02 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

I can relate so much to the winter blues...I hate it when it gets dark around 5:30 because all my body wants to do is shut down....I'm loving the time change and it's been so fantastic temperature wise the last few days...I'll over look that it's raining right now because it's going to be in the high 60's today. (I'll still need this baby to come so I can get back home to Maryland before the cherry blossoms bloom!!!)

March 14, 2007 8:39 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

WOOT! I know what you mean. Yesterday was like shangrila here. Sunny, 73. I had ever window open and got all kinds of stuff done. It was GREAT!
Nobody appreciates spring like a mid-western person. LOL! We shed jackets when it goes up to 40.

March 14, 2007 11:09 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

I have bulbs peaking and I might be wrong, but I think I'm hearing thunder. My mom always said a thunderstorm brings in winter and another brings in spring.

March 14, 2007 7:22 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign I have not looked at my flower beads yet. That and I did not clean them out so there may be visitors already. I guess I have something to get to over the next week or so.

Jan sending vibes your way but this baby seems to have it's own ideas as to when it is coming. Hope it is before Tuesday.

Crabby you are so right. It was almost that nice here. People have shorts on in much cooler weather this time of the year. Funny how fall 40 seems like freezing and early spring it is a heat wave. I had my bedroom window open all night. I should have turned on the whole house fan. It was to warm and I did not sleep well because of it.

Manny, thunder to begin winter, really? You know a good thunderstorm is great. It not only cleans thing but washing it away but it also provides a quick fertilizer too. I love thunderstorms. Time to go chase that storm?

March 14, 2007 7:32 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

I get ya...stuck in the house, no fresh air...feels like smothering. That is how I feel in the winter too. But, a little bit of sun...that first day when you don't have to wear a coat outside...ahhhhhhhhhh, I love it!
BUT...it better not get too damn hot, or I will be bitching about the heat! hahahahahahaah

March 15, 2007 10:04 AM  
Blogger wmy said...

I love buffy the vampire slayer. For some reason, I cannot remember who joan is...refresh my memory please!!!!

March 15, 2007 10:05 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I was just explaining about the nitrogen from lightening to my girls. As soon as you see it, you will see the grass green within the next couple of days.

March 15, 2007 10:06 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Wendy I love that first day with no coat. That is part of why I love my trip to Kentucky every year at the end of April. Usually temps are in the mid to upper 70s and, it you need anything, it is more like a wind breaker. It feels for good.

The quotes I put at the bottom come from IMDB and a lot of the time I have not even seen the show. In this case I had seen some Buffy but not a lot of episodes. Here is what I found out. Apparently in an eppisode, possibly in the 6th season, Buffy says "That's sweet, but I think I can name myself. I think I'll name me... Joan." So it would appear the Joan is in fact Buffy. Don't know more than that.

I love what it does to the lawn. It is just amazing. Between the nitorgen and the water, wow. Oh to have a green lawn again. Of course that means cutting the lawn again but right now that sounds pretty good to me.

March 15, 2007 11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here Here! lol
It's now 28 w/a windchill and colder than a witch's ...
errrrrrrr
tc

March 15, 2007 6:13 PM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

I know exactly how youre feeling. happens every winter to me (cept this one, cuz of Tony). Hang in there my friend, it will pass. Ive been told to buy those lights. Never tried tho. I think we all go thru it, winter sucks!

March 15, 2007 9:41 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Barman, You need to get a Harley!!
Then we can go riding!
Have a great week-end, and don't drink too much on St Pattys day!..Galen

March 16, 2007 12:22 AM  
Blogger Superstar said...

LOL About your "horny" car. *beep* *beep*
~looks around~
I like what you have done! I will be back, barman!
*beep**beep*
Just don't get made if I am able to "honk" my own horn! he he he he,I love car humor.

March 16, 2007 7:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a great post! I couldnt post on your Phot Hunt so I am posting here..Very creative

March 17, 2007 8:55 AM  
Blogger Melli said...

Bryan... I can't find the link to leave a comment for your Photo Hunt pics up above... did you turn off comments? That IS an ingenious twist this week! I'm VERY proud of you! You done good! *nods* I feel kinda sorry for that girl though... 6'9" ... she doesn't stand a CHANCE of finding a guy taller than her! ;)

March 17, 2007 9:39 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

You know, if we didn't have the "blahs" we wouldn't appreciate the good times as much!

Hang in there -- there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

Donna

March 17, 2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

I have had a case of the double blahs lately. Work is tiring me out every day and then the weather is still very changeable.

But the light nights are on there way and I hope to feel better soon.

Sending you *hugs* and I hope you are feeling a little better.

March 17, 2007 12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home