Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Temper, Temper

I had something not very nice happen today. Technically it was not my fault but, yes it partially was. It was a case of road rage right in front of my house. Let me share what happened.

There is a street that dead ends (T) to the road I live on. I hate coming down that road. I have to turn left onto my street. I live just over 100 feet down the road from that intersection but here is the problem. At least here in Michigan the law is if you are turning, either left or right, you must enter the closest lane. Well I am a stickler for that law. Almost no one else is. I turned left and then immediately signaled that I was turning right into the next lane to the right since I had to turn into my drive which is also on the right.

Of course there was a person in back of me. And as usual they immediately headed for the right lane which, of course, was breaking the law. With me being ahead of them, I signaled and entered the lane and then signaled again to turn into my drive.

They were pissed and sounded their horn. This unfortunately made me pissed and I swore at them rather loudly. I turned into my drive and parked the car and they mad a U turn and were in the street in front of my house. I grabbed my phone and dialed 911 and was ready to push the button if they made another move. They yelled at me and I yelled at them (I know we were both in the wrong) and as they finally drove off they said I would not call. Well you know if I had got their license plate I would have called. They were 100 percent in the wrong so I would have reported it although I doubt anyone would have done anything about it. I mean they did not directly threaten my life although I did feel threatened.

So there you have it and I must say it has made me think. I think the next phone I get will have a camera in it so I can take a picture. I would have snapped their picture for sure. Maybe I should start breaking the law too or else one of the days it may end much worse. That and I do not lose my temper often but I need to work on that too.


Well, Earl, see what happens when you lose your temper? –Dinosaurs
13 Comments:
Blogger wmy said...

first...ooooohhhhhhhh yeaaahhhhhhh!

March 12, 2007 1:57 AM  
Blogger wmy said...

Brian- do not lower yourself to their level...do not start breaking the law...even though I know you never would! I know exactly how you feel...one of my biggest pet peeves is the turning signal...I used mine ALWAYS, and I do mean always...it absolutely makes me crazy when people change lanes or turn a corner without signaling. It makes me feel as if they are giving me a big old "fuck off" when they do not even show me the courtesy of letting me know they are about to come shooting over into my lane in front of me...idiots! The bad thing is, with all of the crazy assholes in the world today, just yelling at someone who cuts you off can actually get you shot!! Just be careful...and do what I do...take a deep breathe...in slowly, and out...lol I sound like a yoga video huh??

March 12, 2007 2:05 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Wendy I am far from an angle but but for some reason there are certain laws that I try and follow and it irritates when others do not. I know I handled things wrong and I know it is not smart.

Once when I was growing up there was an altercation on the street in front of the party store I worked at. End result the one person was stabbed in the abdomen and was lucky that they did not get stuck in the lungs. As the attacker drove off the victim chucked his quart of beer he had in his car (imagine that) and took out the other persons back window. Imagine that, alcohol was involved. Anyway that guy was lucky he survived and I was lucky too. I need to learn to practice yoga for my own good. :)

March 12, 2007 6:28 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Well, you tiger, you.

I got run off the road by a chick wearing some kind of turbin a few week back. I mean really all the way off the road. She just kept coming over and over into my lane till the only choice was pull off or lose the side of my car.

What's pathetic here is...I couldn't get my horn to honk. (I was pushin the wrong place. sigh)

Like the idea of a phone with a camera!

March 12, 2007 8:20 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

I couldn't agree more about people that have complete disregard for the laws of the road. YOu should drive in Maryland as close to DC as I live...then the road rage in your area wouldn't seem so bad.

Just try to remain calm and just keep doing what's right.

March 12, 2007 9:49 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Crabbs, I wish I was pushing my imaginary horn. I would have got in less trouble.

I know Jan. Our Detroit area is much worse than this area any day of the week. I am thankful I do not live in the area anymore. Thanks for the wise words. I have learned to let most things go, I guess i have more to learn.

March 12, 2007 11:54 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I think you are human. It always makes me angry when someone is doing something they shouldn't be and it affects me.

You live on that street so it gives you more clout anyway!

March 12, 2007 4:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I get pissed at bad driver's sometimes, especially the one's who tailgate but we all have to be careful these days.
You never know when someone has a gun and.....they'll use it over some stupid crap.
tc

March 12, 2007 6:17 PM  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

LOL B...I use my middle finger, FAR too often.

March 12, 2007 9:31 PM  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

Hey..are you doing body for life?? I have a book by this guy, MAN, he is serious. But some of the before and afters are enough to motivate on their own.

March 12, 2007 9:33 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign it just feels wrong to dread that situation. I think I could have handled it better however.

TC, I know. Thinking it over it was not a wise idea right at my house. That and I am not that proud but it did feel good at the time.

Milkmaid I would have been better off with using the finger. They were nice enough to share their finger with me as they pulled off.

I was on Body for Life. I am just getting back there again. I actually love the eating plan. The exercise plan I was having a problem with. I have a secret to share.

A fellow blogger, Laura, is on this system. She has lost a few pounds (over 10 but under 20 I believe). Now that made a nice difference but the toning with the exercises... her results are as good or better then any in the book and she was not in that bad of shape to begin with. It is a wonderful plan.

March 12, 2007 9:43 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

You should have threw a snowball at the Dick-Head! If you could have found some snow...Stay cool brotha...G Man

March 12, 2007 10:00 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

I have a camera phone and unless your right on top of them the information isnt always clear. Sorry you had such a bad day hope tomorrow is better.

March 12, 2007 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home