Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Saturday's Photo Scavengar Hunt - DRINK

PSHunt
Grab the Scavenger Hunt code.
Photo Theme. Join the blogroll. Visit participants.

This weeks theme is DRINK.

In keeping with my looking for a twist for the weeks theme, have you ever heard the phrase, she is a tall “drink” of water? Well I did a little research on this and there seems to be a bit of variation on it. The thing that people seem to agree with most often was that it is talking about a tall thin woman.

With that let me present to you a few pictures of one of our members of the Michigan State University women’s basketball team. Allyssa DeHaan is a freshman and she is an impressive 6' 9" tall. I think if you were able to find “Tall Drink of Water” in a dictionary you would see a picture of Allyssa.


I have never meet Allyssa in person but the day I did go to one of their games with my camera she caught my attention right away. It is not surprising as Allyssa stands a full 6 inches about any one of her team mates. That and she seemed to be a real super person. She was not all full of herself like she could be. She seemed to get along well with her team mates. I also found several articles like this one that enforced my opinion of her. Anyway if you were interested here is a link with information about Allyssa.





This last one I thought I would toss in for fun. The person on the left you see with the light green shirt collar is their coach. In real life she is probably slightly shorter then normal. Here she looks really short standing near Allyssa.



Thank you very much for visiting. Have a wonderful weekend and Happy St Patrick's Day should you be so inclined.

Labels: , ,

25 Comments:
Blogger barman said...

Thank you so much Amy. I do not know how the comments were turned off. Well it is all better now. Thanks again.

March 17, 2007 9:42 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Hey! I was here earlier, but the comment thingy was off. I was gonna fly you an email asking you about it, but my phone rang.

I was first damn it!

So...you're into tall chicks? LOL

March 17, 2007 10:35 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Manny, tall yes but she is just a bit bigger than I look for. Imagine going through life that tall.

Manny, you are a winner. I must have done this just to annoy you. I had two people comment on the prior post that the comments some how got turned off so I turned them back on. (waves to Mellie and Amy) Very weird. Not Amy and Mellie by the way. Just weird about the comments.

March 17, 2007 10:40 AM  
Blogger Cindy said...

now there's a different twist on the theme- very clever!

March 17, 2007 11:03 AM  
Blogger Barbara H. said...

I don't think I had ever heard that phrase, but I can see how it fits. She sounds like a great person.

Barbara H. @ Stray Thoughts

March 17, 2007 11:04 AM  
Blogger Andree said...

This is a great entry! She is a beautiful woman, too. Thank you and Happy St. Pat's Day to you, too!

March 17, 2007 11:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

very cool! You know I saw this very tall woman yesterday and they both remind me of one person...

I'm not short but I'm not super tall but yes that is quite tall...

Great ideas and theme!

March 17, 2007 11:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

All I gotta say is: wow!

March 17, 2007 12:24 PM  
Blogger FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Great idea. thanks for the visit.

March 17, 2007 12:50 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Bryan, your action shots just keep getting better.

You would never have problems reaching the top shelf with a friend like Allyssa! ;)

Happy St Patrick's Day to you.

X

March 17, 2007 12:57 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

You have the greatest imagination! You always ocme up with such neat ideas for the different themes...good on ya!
And, you know I have to throw something dirty in so...There is no way a guy could say "on your knees bitch" to this chick...she still would not be near his little winkie! hahahahah

March 17, 2007 12:58 PM  
Blogger wmy said...

sheesh, "come" up with good ideas, not ocme!!! lol

March 17, 2007 12:59 PM  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Oh very clever choice for The Hunt this week Barman! That is one amazing lady. Nice pictures of the game.

March 17, 2007 1:31 PM  
Blogger Alice (in BC Canada) said...

very unusual "view" of "drink"... and you pulled it off. Way to go.

You are invited to check out my blog and Photo Hunters post.

March 17, 2007 5:59 PM  
Blogger srp said...

Now that is tall.... I had never heard of that use of the word "drink" before. Nice to know. BTW is this team going to win the national championship?

March 17, 2007 6:04 PM  
Blogger -tnchick- said...

Wow, she is tall. I met a woman the other day who was well over 6ft. I'm not sure how tall but I had to look straight up to her and I am 5ft6. It was weird!!

March 17, 2007 7:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This young lady gives true meaning to the word AMAZON. How interesting!

Great post, Bryan!

PS..Mine is up too.

Cheers!

March 17, 2007 9:56 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Now Barman, these chicks are a little older....
Thanks Brother.....G

March 17, 2007 11:11 PM  
Blogger PowersTwinB said...

Barman! great take on the theme this week! GO SPARTANS!!! I like seeing your photos each week!

March 17, 2007 11:13 PM  
Blogger S said...

Woweee she is tall and lots of other wonderful things as well! Being 5'1"...I am always amazed at the differences in human sizes.

Hope all is well !

March 17, 2007 11:18 PM  
Blogger LibertyBelle said...

Wow that is one big person!
Great twist on the theme - and good job again!
happy weekend
L

March 18, 2007 4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures Bryan, you are really getting the knack of this picture taking.
tc

March 18, 2007 7:53 AM  
Blogger Manny said...

Tap Tap Tap

Dude!

March 18, 2007 8:19 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Working on it Manny, working on it.

March 18, 2007 9:22 PM  
Blogger Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

Have not heard that phrase in years. Great take on theme.

March 25, 2007 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home