Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

St Pats Parade Part Duo

I so enjoy doing things in this small town. Easy in, easy out. Lots of interesting little places to go and fun things to do. The St Patrick's Day parade here was fun. I think this is the sixth year for this parade and it was my second time attending. Without further ado, here is the first part of two of the actual parade pictures.

Now this parade probable lasted between 30 and 40 minutes and I am telling you they were stretching it out. How do I know. The first two picture are a sign of that.

The first picture is of this years Queen and I suppose her court. Now if you ask me the first person (on the left) looks the most Queenly but I can not blame the queen for wearing a coat. It was a bit chilly that day. But I do have one question... a stocking cap? I know it is green but a stocking cap? Not very Queenly or Courtly at all.

















Now here we have something I have never seen before. Here is prior Queens. Say what? Now that is why I say they were stretching the parade. Still it was a very nice little parade. Nice car by the way.

















The three young ladies were sure enjoying themselves. I must say pretty much everyone in the parade seem to be having a fun time. The only question I have for this ... Is the one in the center a little bored or maybe just tired? So what did these ladies do other then represent a group??? Well pass out beads of course. Everyone passes out beads.

























I do not know what is is about this picture but it tickled my fancy. Maybe it was all the feathers in the hat. Oh come on, that was funny, wasn't it? I know, don't quit my day job.


















This was one of the grand marshals of the parade. One of? Yep, one of. Isn't he just perfect for a St Patrick's Day parade marshal? He so looks the part.


















Yet more bead passers and happy campers.


















Lets end this set on a cute note. Definitely a couple of cuties. Oh and g-man, should you be reading this... look, there is some (maze and) blue just for you on the right hand side of the picture.

















One more set to follow.

Seventy-six trombones led the big parade / with a hundred and ten cornets close at hand / They were followed by rows and rows of the finest virtuosos / the cream of every famous band! --The Music Man
14 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Can I just say that I'm in love with your profile picture? Very hot!

March 28, 2007 8:20 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Sign, when I looked at my pictures I just knew I had to do it. Glad you like. :)

March 28, 2007 8:22 AM  
Blogger MilkMaid said...

OMG, I love LOVE your pictures!!! Thanks!

March 28, 2007 8:54 AM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

looks like that was a fun parade.

very interesting profile pic too...woohoo!!

March 28, 2007 9:03 AM  
Blogger tkkerouac said...

tkkerouac said...
PLEASE COME LEAVE YOUR BLOG NAME AND URL, IF YOU WOULD BE LIKE TO BE LINKED UNDER MOMTHEMINX.

March 28, 2007 10:20 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

An FYI to ya Bryan. I've volunteered you, TC and g-man to be Jenn's surrogate hubbies ;o)

Yeah, that's ok...you can thank me later...haha

March 28, 2007 12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures Bryan but where are the Leprechauns?

jillie say what?????
tc

March 28, 2007 12:25 PM  
Blogger DirkStar said...

I really like the mohawk look.

Were you on American Idol recently?

March 28, 2007 12:26 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

These little girls are soooo cute!
what thee heck happened to your hair? Have you been testing your own jello shots again?

March 28, 2007 1:48 PM  
Blogger Suze said...

Great images Bryan, I like the little leopard in the bottom one. :)

We had nothing like this over here in the UK to my knowledge.

March 28, 2007 2:33 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Milky. I tried for a little different. I have to do that more often.

Jan, possibly a future halloween costume?

TK, done...

Jillie, very thoughtful og you. Jenn will be OK but I did leave her a note to call me if she wants.

Top Cat, read the comments on Sign Gurls blog to see what Jillie got us into. Oh and you know, my final set does not have an y Leprechauns either. I best take another pass and see if I have any. They are camera shy you see.

Dirk I believe that was my Sister.

Crabby, stay away from the dark red ones! Actually I just got my hair done at Fantastic Sams... you like? I thik the girls are cute too.

Suze, over here in the states we seem to go over board with St Patrick's Day. Near as I can tell it is just an excuse to get out and put a few away. Good times I tell you.

March 28, 2007 2:43 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Great shot of that brave lad eh Bryan?

Is that really you in the avatar?

March 28, 2007 9:30 PM  
Blogger barman said...

G-man, g-man, g-man... Now while I did wear my hair fairly long (shoulder length) in High School I am afraid that is someone from the parade, not me. I just thought it would be a conversation thingy. To much fun. I believe he made the final round of pictures for the parade.

March 28, 2007 11:42 PM  
Blogger Irish Church Lady :) said...

Great parade shots! BTW the guys with the feathers are Fourth Degree Knights of Columbus, a Catholic Mens Charity. I know because my hubby is one! That would be an honour guard of the KoC marching in the parade.

April 01, 2007 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home