Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, July 16, 2007

Lookie What I Found...

OK, how about something a little lighter here. Over the weekend I have been scanning my parents slides. I am probably going to be putting in another 50 to 60 hours to get it done. Well while doing this I found a few pictures of me from back in 1975 when I was a senior in High School. So how about I put those up...


First here I am (on the right) with my parents. I can not believe how young everyone is.


OK, I know I have mentioned it before but here are a couple of pictures of me in Band-A-Rama. It is a band show that brings together all the bands that my director taught. You would hear music, see marching, have to put up with skits (that I thought were very funny) and in general you were entertained for 2 to 3 hours. It was usually very well attended and we would put on 4 separate performances. Anyway, here you see me marching in using a French Trumpet. Since I played French Horn and not many people in their right mind march with a French Horn, I either marched with the French Trumpet or mellophone. Anyway, I am up front, the third person from the right or right in front of the much shorter person.


OK, now I was not sure I wanted to put this one in but I figured I said I wanted to keep it light, right? In this picture I am the second from the right, third from the left... you know, the real super geeky looking one looking at the camera. That be me.


Finally, here we have Raggedy Andy. We had set the theme for homecoming as Through the Eyes of a Child. When you think of it that is a pretty cool thing. Try it sometime just seeing all the wonder there is in the world when you are seeing it for the first time. Anyway we built a winning float (hey we had some creative people on board) that featured Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy. So that just seemed like a natural to dress up like Raggedy Andy for ... well for what ever. I think I made a not to bad Andy. Boy I sure did get skinny in my senior year.


Well there you have it. A few treasures from my past, 1975 to be exact. As I continue on with this project I will see if there are a few other pictures I can sneak up here. I know there is a picture of me and my sister sticking our head out of a big pumpkin from somewhere in Wisconsin I think. Have a great week everyone.
20 Comments:
Blogger GAB said...

In 1975 I was already married and a mom to 1. Holy cow!

Good looking pics Barman. And u make a great Raggedy Andy

July 16, 2007 12:27 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Gab. See now 1975 sounds like such a long time ago and it is. Some of our bloggers friends were not even born then.

July 16, 2007 6:11 AM  
Blogger Crabby said...

You ARE the only one lookin' at the camera in that second pic. ahhhhhhhhhhhh ha ha ha ha ha!
(leave me alone people. I can laugh at him. He's my adopted brother.) snicker snicker snicker

You look like both of your parents!

WHERE did you get the wig for that Raggedy Andy? I sooooo need one! That's perfect! You got every detail right. Course I'll have to keep this pic, you understand.

July 16, 2007 7:43 AM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

I think you look just like your dad. Pretty cool! The band pictures are fun. I'm sure it brought back memories.

I hope you find more to post. This is great!

July 16, 2007 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These pictures are so cool. I love looking at pictures of the past.
Can't wait to see more.
tc

July 16, 2007 10:29 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Crab, that picture deserves to be laughed at. You like the red wig. I need to see if I still have it. If so, next visit I think we have some pictures to take! Gee I never thought about you pilfering heads or bodies. I may need to rethink posting old pictures...

Thanks Sign. I love my time in the band so yes it did bring back memories. Well that and I did have a crush on a few of the cheerleaders in the the pictures.

Thank you Top Cat. I love pictures from the past as well. Regardless if they are your pictures or not it is fun to see where someone came from.

July 16, 2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

BRYAN! wow! Thanks for sharing these! they are just wonderful!
It is really nostalgic to see old pictures.I keep discovering mine from old books & files too! :)

July 16, 2007 1:46 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Oh come now Mona, you are not old enough to have old pictures of you! It is fun to see these. I can not wait to go back to the ones from the 50's and 60's. Not sure is there are any from the 50's but I know they have some from the 60's including the real, REAL geeky picture of my wearing glasses on our front porch when I was 9. Yikes!

July 16, 2007 3:32 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Wow, you were a band geek? Which of those girls used go around saying, "Once, in band camp..."?
Dude, you say you had a crush on a few of the cheerleaders? That wasn't a crush, that was teenage hormonal lust. :D

Great pics. Reminds me of... 1975 when I was in highschool.

July 16, 2007 3:33 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Charels I do not remember anyone saying "this one time in band camp" like the movie did but I found out there was even more going on there than I thought. I was so nieve back then.

And why yes it was a major case of lust. The memories it brings back. I just wish a few of those memories were actually lived out. Oh I tried once but can you say crash and burn. I was out of my league.

July 16, 2007 3:39 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

I love going down memory lane in photos. You can tell by the glasses and hair that these were taken in the 70's!!

July 16, 2007 5:06 PM  
Blogger lime said...

aww, that was a fun trip down memory lane. you were a durned cute andy!

July 16, 2007 7:29 PM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

barman, you made a HOT Raggedy Andy!
WOOT!
Love these pics!

July 16, 2007 8:09 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Dude! I knew we had a connection somehow! I'm a band geek too! LOL Seriously, "last Summer at band-camp." :)

In all seriousness, I loved doing the band festivals. If I had to do it all over again, I'd be a music teacher.

July 17, 2007 8:52 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

.....and this one time at Band Camp, I had this French Trumpet.......

July 17, 2007 9:13 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Jan I will give you the hair but I have never been one to pay atention to style. I probably wore glasses like that for years after that.

Thank you Lime, I tried. Now if only I can figure where I went wrong. I think Raggedy Ann was a bad influence.

Hey LittleWing, Raggedy Andy things you are the hottie. I love going through old picture and see what memories that are chased up.

Donna I loved band and band camp. At least for us it was all fun. Gee would I like to do it again knowing what I know now. I missed out on so much. My best friends son is just graduated and is becoming a choir director. Not as good as a music director but not bad at all.

G-man, a French Trumpet. No way, it was a flute. How would you ... oh, never mind. You know I still have not seen the part where the flute player kind of gets a little dirty there.

July 17, 2007 1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO@Andy! Niiiice!

Cool pics... i've been thinkin I would scrounge some up next time I am at my Moms :) I think I have one of me as Ann lol... although I was like 4 lol

July 17, 2007 4:17 PM  
Blogger snowelf said...

I was born in August 1975. :)

You look cute as Andy, Bryan!!

I was a totally geeky little kid too.

Thank goodness I...um...grew out of that... I think... hmmm...

hugs!
--snow

July 17, 2007 8:44 PM  
Blogger BTExpress said...

1975 seems like just yesterday to me. I don't remember much because I was a hippie then. ;-)

July 18, 2007 9:16 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Yes 1975 DOES seem like a long time ago. I was just starting high school back then. OMG...I REALLY feel old now....

Love those pictures!! "ANDY"

;o)

July 19, 2007 3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home