Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July and Happy Birthday GAB

First Happy 4th of July to anyone that celebrates it. Did you know that here in the states, the 4th of July is the day when the most beer is consumed, or was that just alcohol? Follow that by Labor day, Memorial Day, and Super Bowl Sunday.


Oops, that is not the 4th of July image I meant to put up ... or was it? Let's try again...


Boy last night the old fireworks were going off at my house right from ye old bedroom. Woo hoo! Things were really intense for a moment there. I tell you if there was ever a performance to oh and ah about, that was it. And it lasted so long too. I best stop, now I am just bragging.

Anyway most of the fireworks were very clearly visible from my bedroom. They had the usual, they had the crowd pleasers (I love those funny thing that just seem to either go in circle or very rapidly in every which direction and whistle for all they are worth). They had the Red, White, and Blue ones. They had shapes as I know I saw at least several red heart shaped fireworks. What firework show would be complete without the fireworks that just plain old go BOOM or Palm Trees or even those ones that look like the head of a big old dandelion that has turned to seed. Yep, they had them. It was a pretty darn good show and I saw all that right from my bedroom.

I could not believe it, people were leaving early too. There were people walking past my house 15 minutes before the fireworks finished and it would have taken then at least 10 to 15 minutes to get to there so they left before even half the fireworks were over. Why, especially if you are on foot?

The traffic was insane. Now I live in a somewhat small community, only about 36,000 or so people but there were people leaving the fireworks/park festivities an hour later. There were traffic jams and police directing traffic. I mean, it was an hour later. I do not think we can even handle that many people where I live. I have to check today. I bet where I live sunk at least a few inches from all the people in the area.



Onward to Third in a Series of Four ... Time to continue on the birthday tradition. Today, the 4th of July, is GAB’s birthday. Now I was suppose to be born on the 4th but I came early. GAB however pulled it off. Every year they light of fireworks in her honor all across the USA right on her very special day, her birthday. Happy birthday GAB. I hope you, Mr Gab and the grand kids can take in some grandma fireworks today.

First here is a link to GAB's blog if you would like to wish her a happy birthday. And here are a few links to John Philip Sousa's Stars and Stripes Forever. It seemed appropriate for today and for Gail's birthday.

The Stars and Stripes Forever (1896) MIDI Sousa 78 RealAudio


Friday we have yet another birthday ... you know who you are!
16 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 4th of July Bryan.
Where's the sun????
I likey the first set of pictures.
tc

July 04, 2007 12:16 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

Happy 4th!!!

I think we're going to miss fireworks today. The only really cool place around here to see any is downtown DC at the National Mall and we've chosen to stay away from the crowds. We really have too much going on anyway. We are about to go to our friends house for a good BBQ though so that will be fun.

Loved the fireworks photo you have up. Of course the other photos aren't bad either, it just makes me wish I could look that good in a swimsuit.

July 04, 2007 3:30 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

Thanks Bryan! Hugs

July 04, 2007 5:55 PM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

Hmmmm, it's really hard to decide which picture I like best. Happy 4th to you!

July 04, 2007 10:43 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Glad you could make it over today!! We had a lot of fun.

July 04, 2007 10:56 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

I hope you had a great day barman...even WITH my singing....lol!!!

July 05, 2007 12:38 AM  
Blogger Little Wing said...

Ahhhh yes, the 'picalo petes'!!!! Making that cool whistling noise, I LOVE them!!!!
Happy 4th back atcha barman!!!!!!!!

July 05, 2007 1:39 AM  
Blogger Cha Cha said...

Let me get this straight...

Your intense performance in your bedroom last night had you oh-ing and ah-ing and made fireworks go off?

I'm SO fucking jealous, dude.

I need a night like that soooo bad.

I'd be bragging too.

=P

July 05, 2007 12:19 PM  
Blogger barman said...

It was a nice 4th wasn't it TC. The weather changed for the better. I kind of like the first picture too but they would take one look at me, find out I do not have a lot of money and bu bye.

Jan, I am sure you look fine and how many people really look like that. Maybe twenty somethings, maybe. I ended up watching the ending of those fireworks you mentioned on TV. Pretty impressive.

GAB, got to take care of my fellow cancerians and a friend. Hope you had a very nice day. Hugs back at you.

Lori, if you were in the first one I would have no trouble picking then!

Thank you for having me over Sign. I really enjoyed it and what a lovely house you have.

It was special BECAUSE of you singing Jillie. What a big surprise that was. Thank you do much. You still have me smiling.

Say what? Is that what it is called. I never knew a name. Thank you, it was an enjoyable day for sure. I could use more days like that.

Strumpet, sorry it was just the fireworks. It was written strange to catch the attention but no fireworks inside the house or even on my property. Sorry to get you excited. I do hope you find your own fireworks real soon. I think you need a trial warm up. Get your motor running...

July 05, 2007 12:31 PM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

Happy birthday my friend!

July 05, 2007 7:31 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Lori. Love you in that hat.

July 05, 2007 7:41 PM  
Blogger S said...

Wowee Barman..you reminded me of a particularly steamy New Years Eve...fireworks inside and out.
Glad you had such a rockin good time, you stud.

July 05, 2007 10:37 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Yeah and these 1st set of chicks swam in signgurls pool...Sans Suit!!
Great Party!!

July 05, 2007 10:53 PM  
Blogger Dan said...

Happy birthday Gab! You were born on the same day as our country. Cool! And you and I are both Cancerians!

July 06, 2007 10:26 AM  
Blogger Spoony Quine said...

` So many frickin' birthdays around now! That's like... five I've seen so far!

` BTW, my superhero boyfriend got to dodge fireworks on the road because that's where people like to set them off!

July 06, 2007 10:10 PM  
Blogger Evalinn said...

Hey Barman, were those the chicks that went to your party on the 4th? ;-)

July 08, 2007 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home