Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, June 25, 2007

Ride Like the Wind

I heard a funny little commercial today. It was for Citgo gas, a station I am personally boycotting so maybe I am being a little critical here. Anyway the commercial appealed to us to fill up our tank and just drive to no where in particular. It said several other things that did not stick with me but this did.

Lets see. Oil companies are making record profits, are they not? Gas is back to where it was this time of year last year but not before hitting an all time high way above where it had ever been before. When did that occur? Why over the holiday. They said it was because of huge demand. Was it? I remember a lot of people changing their plans and staying close to home over the holidays. Yes I am sure consumption went up but I do not think it was as bad as they said. Of course there is a lot more that drives gas prices like refinery problems which there were problems at the time but isn’t there always refinery problems?

What I find odd is pushing us to just drive, drive and of course use up more of their product. I do not know about you but I am not driving as much as I have but I am not going to let this stop me from doing things all together, it is kind of in between. Now I guess I am suppose to just fill up my tank and head up North, take a turn and visit friends in Minnesota, go see the west and who knows what else just because a company who is selling me my gas says to do it.

OK, I guess I should end this. Can you tell I was having a hard time finding something to write about today. I tried three other things and erased all of them. I almost erased this one. Anyway time to go get ready for work so I can fill up my tank (twice at least) and make a treck to Kentucky over next weekend. Looks like they win after all.

Labels:

12 Comments:
Blogger jungle jane said...

i drive as much as possible in order to increase global warming. The UK is much nicer now that its hot and suffering drought.

June 25, 2007 9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This whole gas pricing thing is such a SCAM!
A couple months ago when it was up to $3.50 they told us it was because of high demand, some refineries being broken, katrina, blah blah. Every news media clamored..we'll be at $4.00.
Now all of a sudden prices are falling...ummm, the refineries are still offline and there is still High Demand..what the hell happened?

What bothers me even more is the Gov't just sits back and let them hose us.
Where are the investigations?

June 25, 2007 10:50 AM  
Blogger jillie said...

I JUST BEAT YOU BY A NOSE HAIR
and thought I was scoring on 2nd base with Jenn....lol

This is all a scam to fatten Mr. Doubleya's wallet. Is it 2008 yet?

lol

June 25, 2007 5:57 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

Jillie!! You and Barman are really hitting all the bases! Yeehaw!

I'm so sick of gas prices I've considered riding my bike to work. Too bad it would take me 2 hours to do it.

June 25, 2007 6:02 PM  
Blogger barman said...

JJ

So you are the one to thank for the heat. So far so good but I think I will need to come hunt you down before long.

Top Cat

I agree, it makes no sense. Government will not do anything about it. They are getting to much special interest money from the oil companies.

Jillie

I think it was a red nose hair too. Still you won fair and square. But you know third base can be pretty fun ... I think. What are the bases again? It should be easy to knock out the Republican next time. I just hope there are some good candidates in all parties.

Sign

I thought about riding a bike to but I would have to buy me one that could hold up to my weight. It would be healthy. I could walk, it would only take an hour of walking fast.

June 25, 2007 9:29 PM  
Blogger GAB said...

We are saving up for a trip to SD over the 4th with the darango. It will take us 2 maybe 3 fills for there and back @ 100.00 or more a fill. I told hubby we really didnt need to go home for my birthday as we can watch someone esle shoot off fireworks. And there is another expense the kids will want fireworks after all its grandma's birthday.

June 26, 2007 12:49 AM  
Blogger barman said...

Gab

The trip home would be nice to check up on things and all but boy it sure does cost. As to the birthday, boy there is a small pile of us with birthdays right about now. We have Myself, Crabby, you, and Top Cat in that order I believe all in a span of 6 days. There may be more but I forget. I am sure I will catch you before than but have a nice birthday and enjoy your fireworks for your day.

June 26, 2007 12:55 AM  
Blogger Denny Shane said...

lol... you're starting to sound like me.

June 26, 2007 5:16 AM  
Blogger CozyMama said...

my hubby has started driving me to work just to save gas in the other car, but are we really saving?? driving one car more?? anyway....

June 26, 2007 9:48 AM  
Blogger S said...

I am having so much fun economizing with my car that gets Lots of miles to the gallon, combining trips and only leaving my town once a week to do errands in "the big city"..almost makes me wanna stick my tongue out at those oil grubbing bastards that run this country.

Ok Im sticking it out now!

I hardly ever drive.....I work at home....ha ha on them!
LOL

Have a lovely day, sir!

June 26, 2007 1:23 PM  
Blogger Charles said...

Can you say "Conflict of interests?"
Amazing when George the Elder was Prez, prices went up, Clinton got in they went back down, GW gets in we're at record profits again. GW stands to inherit a lot of bucks, from daddy. I just don't understand why he won't do anything. NOT. We're the public, we're too stupid to see it. Oh yeah, GW won't admit to Global warming. That couldn't be related. And the way Detroit keeps putting SUVs on the road, come on! America needs to wake up and start looking at the long haul, instead of the end of the year bottom line. Soon nobody will want American gas hogs, except the Japanese mafia, and drug selling hoodlums.

June 26, 2007 2:44 PM  
Blogger Crabby said...

Dumb commercial. I always wonder how ad people manage to get paid for coming up with some of this stuff. Yanno, we really should get into the advertising biz.

June 26, 2007 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home