Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

An Excerpt or Two From the Weekend

Saturday was NASCAR truck day. We got there about 10:30 am for the 3:00 pm race. We found our way to where my Sister was suppose to work and then wandered around looking at all the different trailers. There was merchandise galore. There were many different NASCAR race cars. There were sponsors everywhere. Want some shampoo? ... here, have three. Let's see how fast you can remove and put back on a tire. Oh and by the way, if you had one of our road side memberships we would be doing this all for you. Oh and come enjoy some nice air conditioning and ice cold water if you are a member. Lets see how fast you can use your DeWalt tools to screw in all these screws ... oh and wear these DeWalt eye protective wear.

We went all over the area and pictures were take of my niece to be sure and cars and ... uh ... well a few other things. I tell you there were some lovely looking ladies there, a lot of topless ... guys that were just OK at best and would have done better with a shirt on, more than a few drunken people and at least one totally smashed person. The latter I was watching to try and decide if this person was really this toasted or was he faking it. Let me tell you, if this person was faking it he should have been given a Grammy right there on the spot. He was swaying back and forth, front and back. He seemed to stay still then suddenly, as if he lost his balance, head in a different direction until he caught himself and stopped for a second. I have never seen a better drunk in my life. The few women he did manage to go up to seemed to tolerate him OK. Makes me wonder how he managed that. Anyway let me finish the picture of this person. Hey had on his head what appeared to be a phony keg. He had on shorts and no top. He was a burnt little critter. He had on huge beads like they wear for Mardi Gras but much bigger. I was so amused by all this I forgot to look for tattoos but I am sure they were a plenty (not that I am picking on someone with tattoos but it just fit in with the crowd that was there).

One of my favorite parts of being there ... I found the porta-pots. I had to go so bad and those suckers were well hidden. For as large as the place was there were about 20 of them lines up opposite of where I started looking and maybe 6 where were first came in. I knew where that was but it would have been a walk.

So I started walking around this place like a rat in a maze looking for cheese. Go a little ways away, not see anything then come back. Head out in a different direction again and again, each time a little further away until I FOUND THEM! I never thought I would be so happy to find the toilet in my life.

Well my Sister got of early because they were looking for people to sell insurance to people. Though she works for AAA, she works somewhere down the travel branch and does not even sell packages to people. So after about and hour she called and we met up. After a little refreshment we tried to get into the track. Sorry Mr. Brother in Law, no backpacks allowed. Either leave it with lost and found or take it back to the car.

30 minutes later the BIL returned from his trek to the car. We were able to get in and in the process noticed others with backpacks on get in. It turned out CLEAR backpacks were OK. I suddenly had thoughts of CLEAR clothing but decided to keep it to myself.

We got into the track about 1 hour early and saw the NASCARS taking laps in preparation for Sunday's race. There actually was one occasion where two cars rubbed against each other and several walls were rubbed but nothing to bad. Then the trucks were wheeled into place. There was plenty of pomp and circumstance. There was a fly over by a old B 17 bomber. I got some good pictures. Speaking of which, I had the shutter set so fast that the propellers were stopped and not even blurry. Amazing. There was the customary "Gentleman, start your engines" and almost all the engines came alive. A few took a little attention but they too started.

The pace truck got out in front and a second pace truck was half way through the pack. They slowly pulled out into turn one of the track and started the first of about 3 laps before hitting the pits and the 100 lap, 200 mile race was under way. I picked truck number 09. Not truck number 9 but 09. That is confusing I tell you. I do not follow BASCAR so I have no idea what I was doing and it showed. I think 09 was in 8th place once and the rest of the time he was back in 12th or even further back.

Tucks would hit the pits and other times they would just head into garage meaning they were done for the day. I have never seen that as I am used to Indy or Cart and they stay on the track. Several trucks took themselves out. Slowly my truck kept getting better and better position. If the race went on long enough I think 09 would have won.

In the end the person driving 6 won and we were treated to him really burning out. At one point he was pointed straight into the stands and just really lit them up. Smoke was everywhere and then, nowhere as he disappeared into a cloud of smoke. He then came out of the smoke and headed to the winners circle and we headed for the exit. A nice 15 to 20 minute walk later and a much longer wait and we were FREE for about 5 miles before it backed way up. All and all not a bad day. Cap that off with a nice swim and ahhhhh! I guess tomorrow I will say something about golf as this was a lot longer than I intended it to be.

Happy HUMP day everyone.
7 Comments:
Blogger jungle jane said...

My word Barman! I had no idea you were into such butch pursuits as NASCAR!!

I notice that you only seemed to go to the toilet once though. Very restrained, i must say...

June 20, 2007 4:11 PM  
Blogger Queenie said...

Wow!, I live such a sheltered life here in the UK. Sounds brill, and what wonderful bladder control you have !!!!!!

June 20, 2007 4:29 PM  
Blogger barman said...

JJ, I am more a Indy Car racing fan then NASCAR so I guess that lowers my butch rating a little bit.

Queenie, it actually was a fun time. It is not something I would do all the time but we only have one life to live, 'bout time I start living this one. :)

To JJ and Queenie, it was rather hot. I did not drink alcohol and even stayed away from the pop (soda, coke, what eva) because of the heat. But I did drink a bunch of water and had a little to eat. The water just went poof and dissapeared. It was like, magic.

June 20, 2007 6:08 PM  
Blogger SignGurl said...

*laughing* see through clothes? You might be on to something!

Please tell me you took pictures of the drunk guy.

June 20, 2007 6:56 PM  
Blogger SIMPLY ME said...

yes Barman, where are the pics, especially the drunk!

June 20, 2007 8:00 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Yeah barman..I was expecting pictures from you! Esp the drunk guy...that would have been the bomb. See through clothing huh? Now where would that leave the imagination? Never mind.....lol!!!!!

Happy Wed (almost Thur) to you ;o)

June 20, 2007 9:39 PM  
Blogger barman said...

OK, OK... I will copy the pictures to the computer and fix a few of them. I set it wrong and they are all blue. Yes I have pictures of the DRUNK guy.

OK, lets see what we have....

June 20, 2007 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home