Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Monday, June 04, 2007

Recital Picture: Penultimate

Finally I am back from seeing the actual recital this weekend. As promised here are a few more pictures from dress rehearsal. Since I had enough pictures I decided to split them into two separate days.

Not the littlest girls but the next age group up from that really kind of stole the show. Now several other groups were much better but that cute factor is just hard to beat.


I kind of liked this picture because the one dancer is completely off the ground. The chances of catching that are kind of slim. It was tough trying to narrow this act down to one picture but hope you like what I chose.


One of my favorite dancers for the show (besides my niece of course) was the dancer on the left. I had several much better pictures of just her but I think this is a better picture of the group. She had this million watt smile that really did something for me. She was always doing her steps without regard to the others. I think she was doing it right as not all of them were doing exactly the same thing. I am just not sure she really got the music inside her compared to another one of the girls. Still, overall I would have to give her a 10 ... well maybe a high 8. Her family should be very proud of her.


She gave this dance her all. As a matter of fact on the Saturday matinee she was dancing her heart out and her feet flew right out from under her. I loved her effort she put into dancing.

There was one adult class. They did very good. They really stayed together and added a little something extra to movements like pointing their hands when moving them. A couple of them had great smiles (sorry, I always look for that in a performer) and their moves were all so crisp. Now there were other dancers that did good too but, as a whole, no one compared to how the adults did.


OK, funny story... at least it was to me. The last performance, the second dancer from the left was all lines up ready for the number to begin and you hear this loud "hi mommy" come from the audience. She took a little time but she eventually turned, looked at her child, flashed a big smile, a quick wave and went right back into the pose. I guess it was something you had to be there to see but that really kind of was a highlight to me.

I will post a few more tomorrow. Hopefully I will be posting more now that things have settled down a little more for me. Have a great week everyone.

Labels:

9 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic pictures Bryan.
They all look so cute, even the grownups.:)
tc

June 04, 2007 10:52 AM  
Blogger barman said...

I have grown up watching these dance recitals as my sister was always in so many different shows. I must say they all did realy good and the costumes and the... yep, I agree with you. Very cute indeed.

June 04, 2007 12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics! Looks like fun :)

June 04, 2007 12:27 PM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

Barman I am getting very worried. These ladies seem a bit..well...young for you...

June 04, 2007 2:48 PM  
Blogger lime said...

that is soem serious cute factor at the top. and the hi mommy is a dear story. ususally it is the kids waving from the stage. how sweet that mommy waved.

June 04, 2007 2:59 PM  
Blogger jillie said...

Those are great pictures esp the one of the dancer that is off the ground. The fact that it is so clear. I'll bet that the mommy felt extra special as the little girl did. A moment she is going to remember always!!

June 04, 2007 3:10 PM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Barman...
You do take a great picture.

June 04, 2007 7:50 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

I love the photos!!!! and it looked like a nice show.

June 04, 2007 9:56 PM  
Blogger barman said...

Thank you Chrissie. I had fun taking the pictures and loved watching the show the Saturday. I guess I am hooked on dance recitals.

JJ, you are so right. Even the Mommy in the one pictures is to young most likely. You probably are two but want to give it a try. ;)

Lime you are so right. I do not know what is was but I loved it when her child said hi and she waved back. To fun.

Jillie, I wish I could say I meant to take the picture of the dancer in the air but I took so many pictures I really did get lucky on that one. As to the Mom and her child, I bet you are right.

Thank you G-man. You cook up a mean spread and I get lucky with my camera. When you take 700 pictures, you are bound to have some turn out nice.

Jan it was a very nice show and thank you. I get exposed to a lot of fun things because of my niece.

June 04, 2007 11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home