Bryan's Little Corner

Welcome to Bryan's Little Corner 

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Saturday's Photo Scavengar Hunt - COOKING/COOKED

PSHunt
Grab the Scavenger Hunt code.
Photo Theme. Join the blogroll. Visit participants.

This weeks theme is COOKED/COOKING.

You know these are not the most wonderful pictures in the world but it brings back a good memory so I thought I would share. Back a few years ago I was part of the annual Woldumar chili cook-off and sleigh ride. The basics are to raise funds for the Woldumar Nature Center by charging a small fee. In return you get to sample a lot of chili and even go for a sleigh ride to boot. So now let me take you behind the scenes of the cook-off with the event already in progress...
I think someone could have used a slice and dice machine. That was a lot of work to get all the ingredients all prepared.

More than a few cans were opened and, despite how busy everyone was and how everyone was trying to win, you could always count on someone to lend you an ear or even a hand. Yep, the general public missed the best part of the cook-off for sure.

So when you run out of burners in the kitchen because of how many cooks there are, what do you do? Improvise!


Speaking of full kitchen, here is the stove with enough chili cooking to feed an army.


And here is the results of the cook-off.


Actually the ultimate winners were the nature center, the crew that put the chili together and put the event on, and the people that got to sample a little chili and have something fun to do and a cold winters night.

Thank you very much for visiting. Have a wonderful weekend.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:
Blogger SignGurl said...

Yummy.....I want chili now!

May 19, 2007 10:13 AM  
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Sounds like a wonderful event and lots of good chilli and memories.

May 19, 2007 10:29 AM  
Blogger PastormacsAnn said...

Looks like quite a cook-off! Great pictures for The Hunt. Now I'm feeling hungry for some chili.

May 19, 2007 12:02 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

Looks like fun! Great photos for the theme.

May 19, 2007 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds wonderful. I love a good chili cook-off :)

May 19, 2007 3:17 PM  
Blogger lime said...

looks like a lot of fun and certainly for a good cause. thanks for sharing:)

May 19, 2007 3:34 PM  
Blogger PowersTwinB said...

well, dang, I was going to make chili tomorrow and now, I may have to make it right now! Great photos for the theme this week!

May 19, 2007 6:50 PM  
Blogger Just Jan said...

I haven't had a good chili in a long time....I just might make some soon before it gets hot around here.

May 20, 2007 8:44 AM  
Blogger G-Man said...

Bryan, I love those old white enameled cooking pots! I think every cabin "Up-North" has one!
Have a great day.....

May 20, 2007 9:47 AM  
Blogger ann said...

I think I saw something like this once on the Simpsons... sounds like fun fun fun

May 20, 2007 10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are some pretty cool pictures Bryan. All the food looks yummy.
The only thing I didn't like is the picture of SNOW!!LOL
tc

May 20, 2007 12:21 PM  
Blogger jungle jane said...

I had chilli for breakfast. tomorrow morning i am having curry...

May 20, 2007 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home